Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I bought a short arm second hand "genuine" drivers side door mirror last year, I didn't want one of the many thousands advertised on ebay as "compatible". Anyway it turns out the van it came off had had it's mirror casing replaced at some time with, you guessed it, a Chinese copy 🙄

I fitted it anyway as I'd got the old one off and it looked OK. Fast forward to our trip to Spain and the glass is vibrating about. It's clipped in properly, it's just shite.

So I've found another listed, actually there are quite a few genuine new ones that are described as LHD only (my van is RHD) 🤔 does anyone know the difference? Will it fit Is it just the glass?

Screenshot_20240908_150040_eBay.jpg

Jan 19, 2014
Calpe Spain
Funster No
MH
Benimar T483
Exp
Since 1980
It will fit the van but the angle of the glass will be different.
A long time ago we bought a RHD Chausson which had a misbuild from Ford in Southampton as it had been fitted with LHD mirrors.
Been for it's pre delivery service at Ford in Darlington as it was supplied by Dave Barron's ( remember them) and they missed it.
When I collected the van tried to adjust the mirrors and couldn't get a line of sight.
Sat in the passenger seat and perfect.
Cost Barron's nearly ÂŁ500 as Ford wouldn't pay for replacements
That was 2006.

Aug 5, 2018
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
It is not the glass that is the problem but the angle the whole unit sets at. It does not set in the same postion as the correct mirror for a RHD van. You have to lean forward to get the correct view rearwards.

Guess how I know!!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back