Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
25 yrs tugger, new to MH-ing
IMG_3652.jpeg
IMG_3657.jpeg
I have a 2012 Burstner Travel Van which has traditional (not flush) side windows. During heavy showers, and sometimes washing, the side dinette window leaks. Water drops into the table rail, thence running down to the floor as well as wetting the bench seat squab. It pools between the inner and outer rubber window frame seals.

On close inspection it appears to come in via the inner seal, dripping down from the top onto the space between the inner and outer seals below. The outer seal appears to be secure and my suspicion is that there is seepage into the void above the window hinge which is screwed through the skin thereabouts.

I intend to undo the screws to separate the window from the skin of the van to discover what is going on. Hopefully no rot will come to light! Does anyone have helpful hints before I proceed? Could I just try to reseal the hinge cover and hope for the best?

IMG_3658.jpeg

IMG_3649.jpeg

IMG_3656.jpeg

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
I'd suspect the rubber seal, it appears to have had a previous attempt to seal using black stuff. Have some sikaflex or similar ready to reseal the window hinge or the rubber.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back