Leaking shower mixer tap (1 Viewer)

Steve Simmo

Free Member
Mar 14, 2023
Funster No
MH
Globecar Globescout
HI there
we have a leak coming from under the mixer tap in bathroom of Globecar Globescout. Been told the whole tap needs replacing . Anyone know the make and whether other models can be fitted. ? Thanks

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
They are Reich shower mixer taps - something like this
you have to get the correct hose fittings - i don’t think these are the right ones - let me see if i can find what i bought

i think this is the right hose fitting - https://www.jacksonsleisure.com/car...trend-e/julia/shower/mixer/tap/571-500000661/

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Steve Simmo

Free Member
Mar 14, 2023
Funster No
MH
Globecar Globescout
Looks like this
032CF7B4-D7E2-44A7-8266-572C6145AAAE.jpeg

OP
OP
S

Steve Simmo

Free Member
Mar 14, 2023
Funster No
MH
Globecar Globescout
They are Reich shower mixer taps - something like this
you have to get the correct hose fittings - i don’t think these are the right ones - let me see if i can find what i bought

i think this is the right hose fitting - https://www.jacksonsleisure.com/car...trend-e/julia/shower/mixer/tap/571-500000661/
Thanks Gerry…not cheap !

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
Yeah that is the same - you can swap the shower head with the switch over 👍
the red, blue and shower head hoses have plastic fittings with o-rings that plug into a triple socket `9hot and cold inlet / hose outlet) in the bottom nylon moulding of the tap and are held in place with a steel pin is pushed in and runs across the moulding that locks the three hoses in place - it is possible that one of the fittings has popped out of the Steel retaining pin and has become free - if that is the case - it is possible to remove the tap by loosening the retaining brass washer that holds the tap to the underside of the worktop, pushing the steel pin out, relocating the hoses, then reinserting hte locking steel pin.

otherwise it is a remove the tap, disconnect the inlet red and blue hoses and replace whole tap

Last edited:
Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
S

Steve Simmo

Free Member
Mar 14, 2023
Funster No
MH
Globecar Globescout
the red, blue and shower head hoses have plastic fittings with o-rings that plug into a triple socket `9hot and cold inlet / hose outlet) in the bottom nylon moulding of the tap and are held in place with a steel pin is pushed in and runs across the moulding that locks the three hoses in place - it is possible that one of the fittings has popped out of the Steel retaining pin and has become free - if that is the case - it is possible to remove the tap by loosening the retaining brass washer that holds the tap to the underside of the worktop, pushing the steel pin out, relocating the hoses, then reinserting hte locking steel pin.

otherwise it is a remove the tap, disconnect the inlet red and blue hoses and replace whole tap
Thanks gerry . Will have a look in the light. Much appreciated.

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
See here for photos

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun