Leak from shower tap help please (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat Duccato Sundanc
Exp
Aug 2017
I have just changed my shurflo pump in my Swift Sundance 590RL the old one was leaking and all water was forcefully spluttering and I could hear gurgling. Fast forward and new pump fitted, lovely flow no gurgling and shuts off when it should how ever I now have a leak from the shower tap when turned on. I have stuck my phone in the cupboard under the unit and it is leaking from the red thing (I think)
Any help/suggestions gratefully received in simple terms though as I’ll have a go at anything but don’t really know what I’m doing!!
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_1192.mov
    16.2 MB
OP
OP
Biker chic
Oct 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat Duccato Sundanc
Exp
Aug 2017
Was the new pump the same pressure rating as the old one?
Yes identical. I think the leak started when the spluttering with old pump happened as also blew end off sink tap!

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
Are you able to try and push the pipe in further to see if it stops, some taps pipe tails are push fit with a locking bit that slides in to hold them in place.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
Some of the push fit ones have an outer sleeve that needs pulling back as you pull the pipe off. It maybe the O ring that's faulty, you will need to get the pipe lot to check.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
You could try loosening the tap and lifting it upwards, even just a few mm then turn it on and you might have a better idea where it’s leaking from.

If you have to remove the pipes they usually have a locating pin that keeps them in place, just remove this using something to push it through then the pipes will just pull out. If no obvious problem then the easy one is change the O rings.

OP
OP
Biker chic
Oct 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat Duccato Sundanc
Exp
Aug 2017
Are you able to try and push the pipe in further to see if it stops, some taps pipe tails are push fit with a locking bit that slides in to hold them in place.
Thanks I’ll try that

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Remove the pressure from the system. Remove the red part. Push both pipes further into tap fitting. Think it’s the blue that is out, then poke red bit back in and test.

OP
OP
Biker chic
Oct 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat Duccato Sundanc
Exp
Aug 2017
Remove the pressure from the system. Remove the red part. Push both pipes further into tap fitting. Think it’s the blue that is out, then poke red bit back in and test.
I assume to remove pressure open taps without pump on? Sorry for silly question!

OP
OP
Biker chic
Oct 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat Duccato Sundanc
Exp
Aug 2017
So….. pipes off O rings seem to be ok. I cannot for love nor money get the red but off and the water seems to come from above it…?? I have taken hit and cold pipes off but cannot get a tool up to undo nut to take whole thing out to look at it as very tricky to get at/see

IMG_1216.jpeg

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
This one perhaps?
Mike.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
If it’s from above it will posted the cassette so no need to buy a new tap, you’ll get them on eBay or Amazon for around £10

OP
OP
Biker chic
Oct 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat Duccato Sundanc
Exp
Aug 2017
Ok by torch light was not my best plan last night. It would also help if there was more room and my hands were much smaller. Off to try everything with some choice words thrown in. Why does this always happen when I’m going away?!
I’ll keep you posted. Thanks you all so much

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
Get a piece of cardboard and and cut out a slot so you end up with a sort of fork shape, you will have to guess the size to start with but start on the small side, keep cuting until it fits the nut then measure for across the flats socket size.

Well thats how I would do it.

OP
OP
Biker chic
Oct 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat Duccato Sundanc
Exp
Aug 2017
So….. on and off today but I sprayed WD40 all over and left to soak, wiggled and wiggled and then it eased slightly managed to get nut off. Yay!!! Sadly the crack is visible so new rap needed (have heard can buy new cartridge but not sure getting old one off will be possible as smallest star tool I have is T8 and that won’t fit in. Think I’ll bite the bullet and order new tap…. Now to find one, hopefully Amazon next day delivery.
Thank you so much for all the help and suggestions giving me the confidence to have a go 😄

IMG_1223.jpeg

IMG_1222.jpeg

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
So….. on and off today but I sprayed WD40 all over and left to soak, wiggled and wiggled and then it eased slightly managed to get nut off. Yay!!! Sadly the crack is visible so new rap needed (have heard can buy new cartridge but not sure getting old one off will be possible as smallest star tool I have is T8 and that won’t fit in. Think I’ll bite the bullet and order new tap…. Now to find one, hopefully Amazon next day delivery.
Thank you so much for all the help and suggestions giving me the confidence to have a go 😄

View attachment 932935

View attachment 932936
A new cartridge won’t stop the leak. The body of the tap is cracked. A failed cartridge also shows its self as a leak at the above mount part of the tap.

Either a motorhome/caravan tap for lightweight and easy fit, but higher price, or a domestic tap, but heavier, and will involve messing about with pipe connections, but cheaper.

OP
OP
Biker chic
Oct 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat Duccato Sundanc
Exp
Aug 2017
A new cartridge won’t stop the leak. The body of the tap is cracked. A failed cartridge also shows its self as a leak at the above mount part of the tap.

Either a motorhome/caravan tap for lightweight and easy fit, but higher price, or a domestic tap, but heavier, and will involve messing about with pipe connections, but cheaper.
A new tap on order decided in long run easier (hopefully)
Again thanks so much for everyone’s help

OP
OP
Biker chic
Oct 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat Duccato Sundanc
Exp
Aug 2017
Ok so an update….. new shower mixer (Reiche) fitted) easier to fit than take out as I knew what I was doing! I thought I’d fixed it, however kitchen tap fit, bathroom tap fine but the pump pulsates when open shower tap. If I put another tap on at the same time the pump runs and does not pulsate. Anyone any ideas please as I am in a field for the weekend?

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
It's a common problem and there is a couple of options I can think about. If it's a Shurflo pump there is a small screw the adjusts the pressure switch. Also you can fit a Fiamma accumulator, that's what cured my pulsing on a previous van.

OP
OP
Biker chic
Oct 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat Duccato Sundanc
Exp
Aug 2017
Diabalo
Landy Andy

Very slow progress as motorhome is in storage and I’m ripping my kitchen out at home…..!!
On EHU even with maximum adjustment pump still pulsates on cold, slower pulsating on hot. On 12v the pump does not pulsate on hot but it rapidly pulsates on cold if I could turn the adjustment screws just a little more it would work!
Fridge is booked in a check so will have to give in and see if they can sort as can’t justify the waste of water and faff of having to run sink tap while in shower

Now anyone want to sort my kitchen? 🤣

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back