Jane & Rog Plod to Portugal (28 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Jane And Rog

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
A few years
Yesterday’s map.

IMG_0037.jpeg

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
Great you're starting a new thread, have a wonderful trip.
I'm glad there are some tree lined roads still. The French government at one time thought the high death toll was due to drivers being mesmerised and falling asleep but after cutting a lot down realised that French lunchtime drinking habits was the cause!
Sorry to hear about the fibula, I'm afraid I suspect it won't heal without an operation.But I'm sure only having 1.5 legs won't stop you :giggle:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
When we were in Portugal last year we tried using google translate which is, apparently, Brazilian based…..lots of people just shook their head and didn’t understand translation. There is no option on google to choose which version of Portuguese you can use.
I must have a different version of Google translate to you.

I have two forms of Portuguese on mine... Portuguese (Portugal) and Portuguese (Brazilian).

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 26, 2018
Funster No
I must have a different version of Google translate to you.

I have two forms of Portuguese on mine... Portuguese (Portugal) and Portuguese (Brazilian).

JJ :cool:
That is strange. I’ve just deleted and downloaded the app to make sure it’s up to date and double check but it still only shows Portugese (Brazilian)!

OP
OP
Jane And Rog

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
A few years
Great you're starting a new thread, have a wonderful trip.
I'm glad there are some tree lined roads still. The French government at one time thought the high death toll was due to drivers being mesmerised and falling asleep but after cutting a lot down realised that French lunchtime drinking habits was the cause!
Sorry to hear about the fibula, I'm afraid I suspect it won't heal without an operation.But I'm sure only having 1.5 legs won't stop you :giggle:
Oh I do hope not. But I was wondering it it’s like as I suppose no weight really goes past that point of the fibula, so the pieces of bone are not getting pressed together.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
Oh I do hope not. But I was wondering it it’s like as I suppose no weight really goes past that point of the fibula, so the pieces of bone are not getting pressed together.
Yes the 2 parts of the bone need to touch really. If there was callus showing on the x-ray they may still fuse eventually. You may be able to feel it as a smooth hard swelling over the fracture.

OP
OP
Jane And Rog

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
A few years
Mainly driving today. First on the D roads and then finally the N10 which is great because it’s fairly fast and very toll free. The N10 is also somewhat symbolic for us - the last time we used it was driving to Morocco - our first long trip after I retired.

Today we’ve come about 500kms south to just north east of Bordeaux. We’re sharing the free-if-you-buy-some wine camping at Vignoble Pestoury amongst representatives from every other European country except France.

IMG_9816.jpeg

Denby, Jane and the chateaux before the Swiss arrived

Before we get into the wine, I also feel I should sing the praises of my new 3D printer. Not only do we have a nice bedside phone stand each and the lighter no longer rattles, there is a new funnel for the Aeropress, the little gas canisters for the new bbq can be hooked under the table and most importantly Jane has a science fiction egg cup for the boiled eggs we never eat in the van.

IMG_9819.jpeg

A watched egg never boils

The wine tasting at Vignoble Pestoury was very informative. It was also quite long - you could feel everyone willing the nice lady to speed up and splash the free wine. She wasn’t to be hurried though. We got a detailed explanation of the winery and her family, the weather and politics of Bordeaux wine and how you might transition to organic wine making.

IMG_9827.jpeg

Sanctioned scrumping
Finally we were ushered into the tasting room where we were given a further 30 minute lesson on the geography of Bordeaux and differences between small producers and the grand crus. It was actually very interesting - she knew her grapes and soil and was pretty funny. When it did come the tasting was very generous. They make seven wines, we tasted all of them, three versions of their mainstay and a bonus Saint Emillion from a vineyard they sold a few years ago.

IMG_9828.jpeg

Geography teacher with benefits

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back