Itineo (Rapido) motorhomes - build quality?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Does anyone have any experience / knowledge of Itineo motorhomes? After visiting the NEC motorhome show, we were impressed by a small A class, compact but with a good 600kg payload - the Itineo CJ660 - this one: https://www.wokinghammotorhomes.co.uk/new-itineo/propEs1641214224025

Itineo are part of Rapido, who seem to have a good reputation for quality. However, I can’t find much information about the construction / quality etc. This is the information from the Itineo website:

Any experience / advice etc much appreciated 😊

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
It's a budget brand so the build quality will be minimal. 600kg isn't a lot of payload for 2 people. Bare in mind, a person is calculated at 75kg then add water, gas ,clothes and food.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
We’re fine with the 600kg payload, so that’s OK.

Storage is a mixed bag - on the plus side, it’s got a good garage (we have a lot of outdoor kit). Inside is more limited. Kitchen storage is just about manageable for us, but the bedroom is limited to a pair of large under bed wardrobe / shelves cupboards, and the single overhead locker. So not possible to pack my big bloomers 😂

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Any advice of this summary of the construction (is styrofoam good?)

Itineo Life construction with Styrofoam insulation and impact-resistant polyester exterior panels, including under the floor. Aluminium side skirts and framed habitation windows

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
We’re fine with the 600kg payload, so that’s OK.

Storage is a mixed bag - on the plus side, it’s got a good garage (we have a lot of outdoor kit). Inside is more limited. Kitchen storage is just about manageable for us, but the bedroom is limited to a pair of large under bed wardrobe / shelves cupboards, and the single overhead locker. So not possible to pack my big bloomers 😂
A lot of outdoor kit and a 600kg payload is not a good mix.

I imagine that you will constantly be overweight.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 694
Exp
Motorhoming since 2017

Compared to most 3500kg motorhomes, a 600kg payload is massive. Ours is nearly the same and we've had 4 of us away in it, with me calculating that we'd be under the max weight. Although to be honest I never had it on a weighbridge.

Most of us only live in them for holidays, not full-time, so compromise on what we carry.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie

It’s OK - our outdoor kit is very lightweight (unfortunately that’s expensive too!) eg road bikes only 7kg each, mostly racing kit design to be “flyweight”. We weighed it all before with our previous motorhome and we’re much below the max payload 👍

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Compared to most 3500kg motorhomes, a 600kg payload is massive. Ours is nearly the same and we've had 4 of us away in it, with me calculating that we'd be under the max weight. Although to be honest I never had it on a weighbridge.

Most of us only live in them for holidays, not full-time, so compromise on what we carry.

I think if you did use a weighbridge you'd get quite a shock.

I know that fulltime use requires more payload that's why I have 1580kg payload on my current van but avoided anything with less than 1000kg on any previous van.

2 adults 150kg
Tank of water 100kg

There's nearly half gone already

And personally I'm well over 75kg in weight.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
4 berth coachbuilt
600kg isn't a lot of payload for 2 people
You are correct, but it can be done.

Our Hymer Exsis is less than that, but we manage OK. Even with my mobility scooter, but we have never had the water tank full and empty the grey tank regularly.

A similar layout Hymer Exsis will cost a huge amount more than that, nearly double? - if you can find one.

I think the slimline design with limited internal lockers would be an issue.

I think one of my biggest worries would be that it has been in stock for 2 years now. Have the batteries and tyres been looked after? I would budget to replace earlier than usual.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
LithiumConvert Well spotted! Thanks

“I think one of my biggest worries would be that it has been in stock for 2 years now. Have the batteries and tyres been looked after? I would budget to replace earlier than usual.”

It’s also a question about why it’s not sold earlier? Lack of demand in a reducing market? Lack of recognition of the brand? Or poor quality? Mind you, there seems to be a lot of motorhomes which have been up for sale for a year or more …

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 694
Exp
Motorhoming since 2017
I think if you did use a weighbridge you'd get quite a shock.

I know that fulltime use requires more payload that's why I have 1580kg payload on my current van but avoided anything with less than 1000kg on any previous van.

2 adults 150kg
Tank of water 100kg

There's nearly half gone already

And personally I'm well over 75kg in weight.
I probably would get a surprise. Driver weight, 75kg, is included in MIRO on our manual and some allowance for fresh water, maybe 1/4tank, 25L, I'd need to check. We usually travel with no more than 50L fresh, which does us for a couple of nights at least before we need to top up.

So 25kg for extra water and 100kg for extra people weight, cos how many of us are 75kg or less, plus one 25kg dog. 🙄 That only takes 150kg off of the 600kg, leaving 450kg for 'stuff'.

I'll admit though if we were going to change motorhome I'd probably be looking at something that needs our C1 licenses as anything plusher than ours have awful payloads.

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
I probably would get a surprise. Driver weight, 75kg, is included in MIRO on our manual and some allowance for fresh water, maybe 1/4tank, 25L, I'd need to check. We usually travel with no more than 50L fresh, which does us for a couple of nights at least before we need to top up.

So 25kg for extra water and 100kg for extra people weight, cos how many of us are 75kg or less, plus one 25kg dog. 🙄 That only takes 150kg off of the 600kg, leaving 450kg for 'stuff'.

I'll admit though if we were going to change motorhome I'd probably be looking at something that needs our C1 licenses as anything plusher than ours have awful payloads.
Yes mine remarkably includes the driver, 75% water, 75% fuel and a few other things too so payload is over and above that.

But then I hear and see so many reports of vans sub 3500kg being unfit for purpose and the claimed weights before payload to be incorrect.

I'm confident that I'm well under my payload limits but curiosity means I plan to have this on a weighbridge before I head overseas next month.

Just to ease my mind.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Chausson S697
It is the layout we have in our non A class...and altho we have slightly more clothes storage than the CJ660...we'd manage with what it provides. We had a good look around them the other week and liked them. We also manage quite happily with a 600kg payload and thats with a 22kg ebike and a 10kg MTB and kit that goes with cycling, hiking etc etc. ( I do wonder what some people actually take? ...we have weighed the van empty, then full with absolutely all we would take)
I would negotiate hard on a 2023 van. There are some dealers here in France with 2022 vans they are selling with 15-20% off. I'd imagine that they have to get their orders in for the new years models pretty early so most people visiting in, say, October...would opt for a 2025 one rather than an existing 2024 one...unless the dealer really made it worth their while?

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Itineo A Class
Exp
10yrs
We bought an Itineo brand new in 2016 and it has been fantastic.
Being a 'budget' brand we expected it to be built cheaply and fall to bits, but I have to say we have been more than impressed.
8yrs of service - and we use it a lot with 2 kids - and, apart from a couple of screws falling out, its been rock solid

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back