Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 18, 2019
Cuesta Blanca, Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exis
Exp
Since 2010
Hmmmm.... next summer, west coast of Ireland I thought. Didn't know it was a 'tourist route' :rolleyes:

Anyway, priced up the ferry from Bilbao to Rosslare, affordable; looked at fuel prices - much as we'd paid in France & Germany this summer.

Then I fired up P4N and SfS. The first payant, with services, stop I clicked on wants €37.50 per night for a couple. And another €6.50 for juice.
Several more at €25. per night for two. There don't seem to be many pure services areas.

Is that gouging, or what ?

Yes I know, lots of wild camping to be had but we need services (for the Navigator's peace of mind) every 5 days.
I have been know to irrigate shrubbery here on the Iberian peninsular, but I doubt Irish hedges are in need of it. And we carry a spare cassette too, but storing it when full is a bit perilous .....

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I only the north section from Londonderry to Westport (run out of time) but I found lots of wild camping opportunities with a campsite every 3 or 4th day without a problem.
Ireland is quite expensive so you just have to accept it or go somewhere else.
It's definitely worthwhile doing though.

Mick and Ruth

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2017
Wybunbury, Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Apache 634 Hi Line
Exp
Since 2019
Join facebooks Irish Motorhome Group we spent 6 weeks over there North and South. The page is very good with a lot of helpful people.
We were surprised how expensive food was and wine in supermarkets is very expensive.
Fantastic country and people so friendly and welcoming. Enjoy 😊

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
We spent nearly four weeks in June going round the coast of Ireland,well worth it,scenery and the beaches are incredible as is the Burren.

image4.jpegimage2.jpeg

Can't comment on paid stops as we didn't use any 🙂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Be aware the the Irish season starts later and ends earlier than in the UK. Most sites shut completely in the middle of September. We struggled to find places from the middle of September, but most bars and 'attractions' will allow you to overnight if you have visited. The only place we were unable to stay was Galway. three years ago, there was nowhere to even park, let alone overnight in a motorhome. That may or may have improved.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back