Invisibrake problems (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 11, 2024
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 747
Hi I have a Toyota Aygo that I tow with an A frame behind my motorhome . The system was fitted to the car by LNB towbars Bristol, it incorporates a power braking system known as an invisibrake. The system keeps losing pressure making braking very inefficient and preventing the stop lights on the car from working when being towed . I have contacted the installer for advice but as I bought the car and system second had they have been less than helpful. Please can anybody offer any advice.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Never seen the system before, but a quick Google would have me pressuring it up and then go around with some soapy water on all the pipe joints/connections and cylinder (or even have a good listen for air leaks) If you don't find anything there, I'd be stripping the box apart as all that can be left is the non return valve in the compressor itself that's maybe letting air bleed past it ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 13, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30 years
There appear to be two pressure systems, one to operate the brake pedal and one, a vacuum, to evacuate the servo. If you are getting poor performance, it could be a loss of vacuum at the servo.

Geoff

Nov 13, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30 years
There is a You Tube video of an installation, would not allow me to link it. Just search for Invisibrake.

Geoff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back