Interesting video from a Motorhome dealer. (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
From the CAMC Video today when the boss of CAMC was interviewed their stats show the average new motor home buyer is 55 years of age with no kids and Motorhomes are outnumbering Caravans in the CAMC. So not much market for the six berth Motorhome if there is such a legal vehicle. Couples require fixed beds island or twins, not climb over continentals. In that bracket the right layout vans with the right spec will usually keep a good residual. I’ve been looking to downsize my property but have exactly the same problem. Nothing about to tempt me. so we shall stay where we are and keep the same MH

DT

Dec 27, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
Boats Caravans & Motorhomes for 25 years
This guy is a little like The Caravan Place. Both use dramatic click bait at times. They were buddies online during covid.

OP
OP
Sandancers
May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
no that has a corner cut off. continental is across the vehicle meaning person at back has to climb over one on th eutside
Yes as is the case in our vehicle. I can give an accurate description of how it must be to try and gently manoeuvre yourself over a sleeping Rottweiler, knowing your fate if you wake the beast !

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
A French bed.
The only French Bed that I’ve experienced was in my old man’s Swift. 🤔

continental is across the vehicle meaning person at back has to climb over one on th eutside
Really? I’d have interpreted that as meaning a ‘non-Brit’ van as opposed to what is commonly known as a transverse bed.

Still not sure what martin2603 meant. 🤷‍♂️

Ian

Jan 16, 2017
Hillingdon
Funster No
MH
Vantage Med
Exp
Since 2017
From the CAMC Video today when the boss of CAMC was interviewed their stats show the average new motor home buyer is 55 years of age with no kids and Motorhomes are outnumbering Caravans in the CAMC. So not much market for the six berth Motorhome if there is such a legal vehicle. Couples require fixed beds island or twins, not climb over continentals. In that bracket the right layout vans with the right spec will usually keep a good residual. I’ve been looking to downsize my property but have exactly the same problem. Nothing about to tempt me. so we shall stay where we are and keep the same MH
I’m

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 1, 2024
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Hobby T500 LHD
Exp
Spring 2024
You’ve got me there; what’s one of those?

Ian
He means a transverse bed with garage beneath. I disagree. No way can you get two single beds or an island double (which are usually much narrower at the foot) in a length of 6 metres and many people want a van of around that length. It is the longest that will fit on my drive (OK I could manage 6.20 metres) so I am not paying for storage. It is easy to park in town and not everybody needs a middle of the night pee.

All vans are a compromise. If you are used to a campervan with a potty in a locker my transverse layout with a decent w.c. and a proper shower compartment will seem deluxe!

Manufacturers have been selling 6 metre transverse bed vans for decades so there is obviously demand. I do agree, however, that the market for 4-6 berth family leviathans is likely dying.

May 13, 2024
Lancshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Axess
Exp
Caravan since 1983 - Motorhome since 1997
Apropos of nothing.

I encountered a French bed once whilst on a detachment to the French Air Force base at Istres.

I did not notice if it had the corners cut off, or how high it was, but it was comfy !

:giggle:

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Transverse drop-down bed, hubby has to climb over me to get out but I rarely wake completely, he says I move my legs and the bedding but I don’t remember that!

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
My “continental” PVC has fixed single beds, but is 6.4m. We could have had a 6m van in same model but that would have had a transverse van which is no good to us, we both get up in the night. Fixed single beds were an essential criterion when changing van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
we both get up in the night (or used to) no problem with our 6m van with tranverse bed, at night Swmbo crawls underneath, in the day its stored in the roof. 6 years of an electric bed with no real problems (just dont overstuff it. if you do, bring it down remove stuff then put it back up to zero properly)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back