Interesting video- 49% increase in MH prices 2019 v 2024 (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 7, 2021
Aberdeenshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Just in the middle of taking possession of our new to us 3yr old Carthago, the dealer tells me they have as much motorhomes going out, if you bought one from them tomorrow it’s a six week wait until they can get it through the workshop to be prepared for customers due to the volume of new and used sales, so not too sure they’re seeing the market slow down.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Just in the middle of taking possession of our new to us 3yr old Carthago, the dealer tells me they have as much motorhomes going out, if you bought one from them tomorrow it’s a six week wait until they can get it through the workshop to be prepared for customers due to the volume of new and used sales, so not too sure they’re seeing the market slow down.
Wow and I’ve heard other reports of dealer sales slowing down drastically?

Which dealer are you using?

Aug 7, 2021
Aberdeenshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Wow and I’ve heard other reports of dealer sales slowing down drastically?

Which dealer are you using?
That was Dicksons of Perth, I was surprised as well, but in saying that it’s taken 4 weeks to get ours from agreeing to buy it to picking it up tomorrow hopefully.

Then again, they maybe only have one guy in their workshop 😁

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534 DL (2017)
Exp
Well travelled
New prices may not rise as fast but I can't see current prices dropping, too many dealers would be at risk of failing. Notice they only talk about UK manufactured vehicles, but what are the big manufacturers on the continent going to do ? is it a different situation over there ??

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
New prices may not rise as fast but I can't see current prices dropping, too many dealers would be at risk of failing. Notice they only talk about UK manufactured vehicles, but what are the big manufacturers on the continent going to do ? is it a different situation over there ??
I’ve seen a few deals on various carthagos up to 20k off some and knaus £5-10k off the crafter 650 MEG’s in some instances🤷‍♂️

DT

Dec 27, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
Boats Caravans & Motorhomes for 25 years
Southdowns 😤 went in to ask about next years models and all I got was a salesman pushing a new 2024 I know they have had for sale for months.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back