Insurance and Tax on Motorhome to Purchase

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
B544 SL
Hi All, perhaps the answer is obvious in which case happy to be teased but, next week I’m off to purchase a second-hand motorhome. I’ve put a small deposit down and on the day to pick up and collect I’m taking a good friend of mine who is going to check it out mechanically. I fully expect to purchase it however a slim chance that I don’t, so I’m a little curious how to best approach tax and insurance, in my mind if I purchase it then I will insure and tax before I drive it home I.e. straight away. Are there any other thoughts if there is a better approach?

Thanks

J

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I’m taking a good friend of mine who is going to check it out mechanically.
Before you go check out it MOT history here.........

I will insure and tax before I drive it home I.e. straight away
Get quotes before going and set one up which you can activate by phone when the purchase decision is made.
If it's taxed or on SORN now it will remain taxed (in the current owner's name) until the change of ownership is recorded by the DVLA.
Check here:

Upvote 0

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
You can tax and insure it there and then, I’ve done this myself just so long as you have the logbook etc, but I think you may well pay a premium for it, rather than search for the best deals on the internet.

There is a company advertising on tv at the moment for 24 hour insurance cover, so might be worth searching for something like this.

Have you downloaded Jim’s guidance on buying a motorhome, there’s lots of good advice there 👍🏻

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back