Installing a False Floor in Garage of 2021 Adria Compact Supreme SC (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
I posted a few pics of a wee project I did to put a false floor in the garage of my Adria Compact SC in order to store Mrs B's surfboard safely a while back and Mr Mousy (Martin) asked for some more info on how I did it, so I thought I'd add a quick separate thread in case anyone else is interested. I'm sure I'm not the first person to do this, and I am also sure that there are many different and no doubt better ways, but this is what I did:

Here's the before & after:

Screenshot_20230424_071953_eBay.jpg
20240628_141752.jpg
20240628_141637.jpg

I was concerned about adding a lot of weight, so used quite thin 9mm hardwood ply bought from B & Q and then cut it to size. On top of that I ordered some black coin rubber garage flooring from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CF2PMTZG?tag=mhf04-21

I used Everbuild Stick2 spray adhesive to stick the rubber matting to the ply:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0012RZA3C?tag=mhf04-21

The board is then supported using 6 x lengths of aluminium channel (1" x 3/4" x 1/8") ordered from The Metal Store, which I cut to length, slotted at either end and then slid along the channels of the rails that are fitted by Adria, which you can just about do my removing the plastic end caps of the rails. I thought that if it needed more supports then I could always add some at a later date, but so far, even with all the boxes of stuff put back in the garage, there is no sign of false the floor flexing.

The end of the board near the door was then finished off by gluing (Sikaflex) on a length of 'U' shaped aluminium profile with an internal width of 13mm, which fitted pretty well the board width of 9mm for the ply plus the rubber matting and glue:

https://www.diy.com/departments/sil...gle-profile-l-1m-w-15mm-t-1-5mm/254307_BQ.prd

A few more photos I took whilst knocking it up. I have been really pleased with it as the surfboard is really accessible and properly protected.

20240621_103916.jpg
20240621_150902.jpg

If anyone needs any more info, just ask.

Mike

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Very smart job. well done. I don't suppose you have a photo of the ends of aluminium channel (1" x 3/4" x 1/8") where you've fabricated to fit into the original Adria channels, please.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Very smart job. well done. I don't suppose you have a photo of the ends of aluminium channel (1" x 3/4" x 1/8") where you've fabricated to fit into the original Adria channels, please.
Mike. No need to bother with the request for extra photos. I've just seen a close up and can see exactly how they fit into the existing Adria rails.

Thanks Derry

OP
OP
M
Nov 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC

Thanks DerryW. I've zoomed in on one of the images and attached it. You can see what I've done. I just cut a slot using a sliding compound mitre saw. No science to measurement, trial & error eyeballing method:)

20240716_213816.jpg

OP
OP
M
Nov 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
But now your bikes don't fit in. :p

That's true. But they wouldn't have fitted in without the false floor, too much other stuff! Our lab comes with us, which makes bringing bikes a bit of a waste of time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back