Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
A sad event. Hopefully we will be told in due course if there are any useful lessons for others but perhaps it was not that sort of incident.

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
A news article that tells me nothing. Or am I missing something?
Yes, but it’s what it doesn’t say that and the language used that suggests something tragic happened beyond a straightforward death. Time will tell.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
Blinkin heck thats a tragic accident,im very sorry for your loss the poor man, ive never really thought about the danger of motor movers but they are pretty lethal things when you think about it,my husband nearly got crushed by our horse box trailer,he slipped and our drive was a slope ,it swung back round and nearly went over his head .luckily i was there and rammed the brake on;

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
That's very sad. My son has motor movers on his caravan but he has to hold in one or more of the remote controller buttons to operate the mover(s) motors.

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
That's very sad. My son has motor movers on his caravan but he has to hold in one or more of the remote controller buttons to operate the mover(s) motors.
That's my understanding. When you let go of a button it stops. Results of the inquiry will be much awaited by many with the movers. Tragic.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
Buttons can jam, electronics can fail and radio waves can suffer interference. However caused it is a very sad event and my sympathy goes out to ComputerBlues and the family and friends affected. It is also probably quite traumatic for the staff and other visitors on the site.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Interesting reading, and that people assume that the motor movers are to blame. That isn’t how I read/understand it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back