If you needed a new starter battery (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
What would you buy and where from I think I could need a new one after going to van tonight and finding it flat. I have removed it and I believe it to be original as it has an 05 date stamp on it so that makes it 12 years old so its done very well.

I found this https://www.tayna.co.uk/019-Enduroline-Car-Battery-900CCA-P8385.html I am pretty sure its the right one for my van a 06 Renault master 3.0 dci I f anyone knows of a better buy or if this make is good or bad please advise me. I do have the other one on charge but other than the battery charger have no way of testing if its completely died or not. Its pretty fiddly getting battery in and out so proberly best to bite bullet and get new.

So if you have any advice please let me know Thanks Paul

edited forgot link

Last edited:

Jeff and terri

Free Member
Jan 3, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Ford transit twin wheel
Exp
3 years
Maybe you could check if there is a drain once you have fully charged it . It may not be gone yet?? I nearly bought a new one until I found a live constant feed draining the power away

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
Coincidentally, just replaced the 9 year old starter battery in my 3.0L Fiat based Laika.
Original was some unrecognisable Italian battery but it did 9 years, so fair play!
Key point, it was 110Ah, 950CCA, so I went for the same spec Enduroline from Tayna.
The pair of 135Ah AGM leisure batteries I had from them nearly 5 years ago have been fine.
Can't remember the make without going out to look but not a big household name, either.
The Enduroline has a 4 year guarantee and Tayna seem to be a supplier which sticks around.
Reviews are good and I seem to recall that these batteries may be the 'second name' of a bigger brand but I can't be sure.
No matter. I don't think it's critical for the price.

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I'd bet it had of any one of these from new. Buy another one the same.
It is a Delphi cant find a supplier.
You have no idea who makes the Tayna one , probably cheap Chinese.
Think I read it was uk made could be wrong

My top 3 as well.
Any idea of where to source one at a good price ?

Maybe you could check if there is a drain once you have fully charged it . It may not be gone yet?? I nearly bought a new one until I found a live constant feed draining the power away

Would be the alarm and immobiliser I would think dosnt look like the solar charges starter battery

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Got a Varta Silverline from Halfords, free fitting, just before we came away. The original equipment battery hadn't actually let me down (I keep it trickle charged from the solar panel) but the cranking speed seemed to be slowing so rather than break down in Morocco I decided to change it. It was 10 years old mind!

Then last night, while on an aire in Spain, the leisure batteries went flat................ Bu...r!

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Got a Varta Silverline from Halfords, free fitting, just before we came away. The original equipment battery hadn't actually let me down (I keep it trickle charged from the solar panel) but the cranking speed seemed to be slowing so rather than break down in Morocco I decided to change it. It was 10 years old mind!

Then last night, while on an aire in Spain, the leisure batteries went flat................ Bu...r!

A mate at work had Halfrauds trade card but our local one didnt have anything suitable in stock,do you mind me asking how much your battery cost ?

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
The enduroline is no cheaper than the Varta blue dynamic now 🤔.

Think the blue will be quite adequate as my solar maintains the starter battery so I only need a standard one. Has anyone else fitted blue dynamic?

The original battery hasn't failed but is 10 years old on the 15th. 🏅

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Yes probably..

Ordered the blue dynamic £113 Inc delivery 👌😎. I'll plug an old battery into the SAE maintenance connection before I start to keep the airbag ecu happy.

Incidentally, the battery that came new with the van is 95ah but only 680cca 👀

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
017 and 019 batteries were the most common in vans. Identical except 019 is slightly taller and so slightly higher CCA rating.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Arrived standing at 12.7v
Sorted 👌😎

20240709_150429.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.