If you have young kids or know someone who does. (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I initially thought this was going to be something clever and funny. But as I watched I became horrified at the possibilities.

Can you watch this and share this please?

Hollywood writers and actors are on strike and have completely shut down Hollywood for the first time in it's history. If they are worried about AI to that extent, maybe putting your kids videos and pictures online is not such a good idea.

Edit: Added youtube video for those who can't/won't twitter (y)

Last edited:

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Powerful stuff and as it says, who knows what the AI digital future will bring.

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
Frightening. Having also attended numerous school presentations/plays etc recently it’s clear that not all people filming abide by the teacher’s request not to post on social media. These muppets will eventually mean no one can film, which will be such a shame.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
Imagine a world where nothing you see on-line, on TV, in the cinema, in the print media is real or can be trusted to be real. It's here now . . .

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
thank you grommett for putting that link, appreciated, i see what looks like a video, but no means of playing it if it is, but have read the text and kind of understand what could go on, this world just gets more dangerous in so many ways we'd not thought of, scarey and such a shame as soon we might not be able to share anything meaningful..

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
thank you grommett for putting that link, appreciated, i see what looks like a video, but no means of playing it if it is, but have read the text and kind of understand what could go on, this world just gets more dangerous in so many ways we'd not thought of, scarey and such a shame as soon we might not be able to share anything meaningful..

A quick search on youtube found this for you.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
A quick search on youtube found this for you.

thank you for trying to help but...
for some reason with this old ipad (and it is old) i can't play utubes on fun, i can everywhere else, but all i get is the picture but without the red play arrow, have no idea whats going on, has been like this for a while on here..
it is so frustrating,.
anyways don't worry, shall get a new ipad at some stage, but not just yet..

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
thank you for trying to help but...
for some reason with this old ipad (and it is old) i can't play utubes on fun, i can everywhere else, but all i get is the picture but without the red play arrow, have no idea whats going on, has been like this for a while on here..
it is so frustrating,.
anyways don't worry, shall get a new ipad at some stage, but not just yet..

Try this link then :)

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
You have to take everything you see and read on a computer with a large pinch of salt.
That much has been obvious for years.

There are NO absolute truths on any PC anymore.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
and weirder still, where i quoted your post the vid appeared with the play arrow, so i could watch, thanks.

after seeing the video, its bloody scarey what can be done and presumably with everyone, not just children..

Last edited:
May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
I have watched the video and I am afraid you are too late. That Genie is well and truly out of the bottle for possibly millions of people. Watch this space. It is only going to get worse.
Sorry to sound grim, but that is how I see it.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
and weirder still, where i quoted your post the vid appeared with the play arrow, so i could watch, thanks.

after seeing the video, its bloody scarey what can be done and presumably with everyone, not just children..

Something I have been telling my family for years. All the data you share and images, do you know who will see and use them. Plus that person you talk to over the internet, who are they really? We can all create an alter ego to use online. Usually to protect ourselves from bad actors, but so do the bad actors to create a safe image to manipulate people with

Think dating scams with catfishing all the way up to faking an identity as a police officer or your bank manager. It is quite frightening when you truly open your eyes to the threats and possibilities. The information on the internet does not disappear and with very few exceptions will be there for ever. All these politicians and celebrities being called out for something they did or said 20 or 30 years ago are just the tip of a very big iceberg

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
You have to take everything you see and read on a computer with a large pinch of salt.
That much has been obvious for years.

There are NO absolute truths on any PC anymore.
No absolute truths anywhere, at least in the world of human interaction and communications.

Apr 15, 2022
Funster No
MH
DethleffGlobetrotter
Exp
Started in 2005, then took a 15 year break, back in 2022
No absolute truths anywhere, at least in the world of human interaction and communications.
It's one of the very best reasons to question everything that you see on the idiot box (TV). The amount of people who quote what they just saw on the BBC news as gospel - that truely is mind control. My advice is turn off the mainstream media, and certainly don't trust anything you see on Facebook, Ticktock, Instagram, BBC, ITV, CNN etc etc etc. It's not just fake content, it the censoring of real content so you never get to see what is real. I've been live TV/News/Radio free for 4+ years now. Best thing I ever did. Deleted my Facebook account about the same time. I'm super selective on what I follow. You occasionally bump into some world news/event and unless it has sources (more than one) that I can try to verify then I disregard it 100%.

Watch this if you like, very interseting example of the topic.

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
After getting a degree, my daughter went on to do a post graduate certificate in education. One of the first lectures her group attended was a presentation by the course staff all about the students including pictures. The information had been gathered from basic internet searches and apparently was a very powerful warning as to what their future pupils could easily discover. Some pictures were definitely not the image teachers would want to portray.
Adding photo manipulation and other powerful tools makes this very risky.

Maybe publicising the level of fraud occurring would help remind everyone not to put too much faith in things they see

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I think a few people may be missing the point. It is not that AI can do this stuff, that is well understood for quite a long time.

It was a warning to parents to stop sharing pictures, video and audio of their young children online and the reason why.

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
After getting a degree, my daughter went on to do a post graduate certificate in education. One of the first lectures her group attended was a presentation by the course staff all about the students including pictures. The information had been gathered from basic internet searches and apparently was a very powerful warning as to what their future pupils could easily discover. Some pictures were definitely not the image teachers would want to portray.
Adding photo manipulation and other powerful tools makes this very risky.

Maybe publicising the level of fraud occurring would help remind everyone not to put too much faith in things they see
Wow I bet that got their attention. Must have been in interesting.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back