I hope the owner has a valid excuse - poor doggy! (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
That dog did NOT look distressed in any way, well not until someone broke the ruddy window! I hope the police end up paying for the window to be repaired as they didn't have any genuine reason to break it, nor 'detain' the dog and put it in rescue kennels which is gonna cause it more stress. I would be fuming if that happened to mine!

Whilst I'm all for people checking on animals there are those who overreact and cause issues, we had similar with a chap in Scotland, we'd parked up with the blinds closed on the sunny sides, roof vents open, nice and cool inside but then some old chap walks by with his dog and all hell breaks loose. He wouldn't believe that the reason our dogs were so 'hot and bothered' wasn't because they were physically suffering but because the pillock was standing right next to our MH with his dog, pointing at ours, getting annoyed and raising his voice (talking to his wife as we walked back).

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
Absolutely with you Minxy , some people see a dog with windows closed and they loose it big time! (all other considerations are ignored!)

We've, personally, gone to great lengths to ensure  if we can't take Bannock with us, then he'll definitely be more comfortable (temperature wise) than being with us.

I notice that Tesla's have a huge screen displaying the internal temperature of the vehicle and the owner's expected return...

Cheers
Red.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
With strategic use of thermal blinds, roof vents and maxxaire, we sometimes leave our dogs I the motorhome to keep them cool rather than outside in a roasting car park. Never for very long though.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
We leave ours in van max 1 hour whilst in supermarket. Roof vents open, blinds pulled over (though she prefers to watch for us), water out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
There was an amendment to the story. The last sentence reads,

"This article has been amended since initial publication to remove a statement put out by Greater Manchester Police that the Labrador had been in the car for three days"

So, thankfully, not as bad as it could have been.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Went to get something out our motorhome, in storage, today. Blinds closed, apart from 1 rooflight, which I forgot about no vents open 22 outside 37 in. most dog owners are sensible, unfortunately a few are not.
would have thought if there had been ventilation it would have been possible to get in without breaking the glass., wouldn't fancy climbing on the roof to get to a roof vent though.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
There was an amendment to the story. The last sentence reads,

"This article has been amended since initial publication to remove a statement put out by Greater Manchester Police that the Labrador had been in the car for three days"

So, thankfully, not as bad as it could have been.

I was wondering what evidence the police had that the dog had been in there for 3 days had the camper been under observation, or had somebody given a reporter that statement?

Dec 6, 2022
Worcestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail imala 736g
Exp
Absolutely with you Minxy , some people see a dog with windows closed and they loose it big time! (all other considerations are ignored!)

We've, personally, gone to great lengths to ensure  if we can't take Bannock with us, then he'll definitely be more comfortable (temperature wise) than being with us.

I notice that Tesla's have a huge screen displaying the internal temperature of the vehicle and the owner's expected return...

Cheers
Red.
I would be quite surprised if any tesla owner has a dog, they seem to be the most self centred motorists on the roads.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back