I boost (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Chaser Yes you are correct ..BUT you are not on wired paid internet... you are sharing somebody else's FREE wifi....and if you are in the wild with nothing else around you for miles and miles what do you expect, you can not expext a fon signal...
Fon in France is mainly on a SFR router..like BT in the UK..or the few that have Fon boxes like myself..
I travel all over France and it is very rare that I can not get onto a Fon/SFR signal..
Chaser have you covered much of france or is it your first/second time over in a motorhome ..

But if this happens I fall back onto my mifi SFR sim...like I do in the uk mifi "3" sim

Yeah been loads of times , not criticising anything or anyone, I have not got a booster, and not really expecting a lot , just saying what I have found, and in fact I get loads of free internet in maccyds , tourist information and most cafés and bars but never have much luck with fon, that is why in fact , like you I have now got a three sim and hopefully from July will be able to use that for the same price as here:thumb:

Daveg

Free Member
Sep 2, 2012
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
November 2012
Invaluable

We are at a motorhome stop in a hotel car park at Garderen in the Netherlands (a lot better than it sounds). There is wifi in the hotel which is too far away to pick up with our phones or tablets. The iBoost is giving us a very strong signal, to the extent I am watching (tablet) the football on Nederland 1 (Hup Holland)!

The great thing about iBoost is that it gives you a signal when something is there to lock onto.

In other places a Europasim would have been great, but Addie didn't have any before we left the UK.

Last year in Spain / Portugal / France and generally at campsites in the UK we found it is a brilliant bit of kit if there is wifi in range. Wouldn't leave home without it.

Dave

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I boost is a great bit of kit , I have used it on sites where signal is weak and it seems to hog the signal where others struggle .
Have even used it at home when my snail BT lets me down I use I boost to pick up from neighbours :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Yeah been loads of times , not criticising anything or anyone, I have not got a booster, and not really expecting a lot , just saying what I have found, and in fact I get loads of free internet in maccyds , tourist information and most cafés and bars but never have much luck with fon, that is why in fact , like you I have now got a three sim and hopefully from July will be able to use that for the same price as here:thumb:

Chaser its a shame you did not have a french address....as I understand it SFR have a monthly contract deal a sim for mifi/dongle .....12 gb a month for 24.99 :thumb:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Chaser its a shame you did not have a french address....as I understand it SFR have a monthly contract deal a sim for mifi/dongle .....12 gb a month for 24.99 :thumb:

Yep I have one as you say 12gig and you get a 4g mifi with the contract and I was told that if like us you go to Spain or anywhere else for winter say, ring them and they suspend the contract!!! :thumb:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back