Hymercar, La Strada or Westfalia (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 21, 2016
Stortford
Funster No
MH
La strada Avanti
Exp
Since 2013
I’m thinking of downsizing to sub 6 m PVC. Any views on relative merits of the above makes? Would love to stretch to MB or VW base but haven’t found a non-transverse bed option. Have read some concerns about insulation in Grand Canyon S as well. Probably will come down to La Strada Avanti H, Amundsen 600E or Hymercar Yosemite.
Any info gratefully received.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
We looked at the Hymercar Yosemite and were really impressed with its space and design; a very usable van for two people!

A pal has also mentioned to me that Hymercar has imported a few too many PVCs so there are still small quantities of 2018 models left which could be obtained for a good price.

Good luck,

Andrew

Apr 21, 2014
Hertford
Funster No
MH
ev micro camper
Exp
9years
In my Hymercar now in the Brecons. -2 already and toasty with heating on low. Much better insulation than my Wildax van and Burstner coach built. Love the quality of the van. Absolutely the right choice for us.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
La Strada and Westfalia real quality, I love the La Strada Regent and the Columbus.
The La Strada Avanti C is also a great layout, large separate shower, we also bought one, maxi chassis, 150bhp.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
La Strada and Westfalia real quality, I love the La Strada Regent and the Columbus.
The La Strada Avanti C is also a great layout, large separate shower, we also bought one, maxi chassis, 150bhp.

Should have read we also nearly bought one.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I like the Luxor, longitudinal beds so I stretch out without popping a window out.

Yes nice van but almost 7 metres the Luxor, I like the 5.91 metre Rondo, you can even get the waste tank inside. Near Hamburg they are, very friendly and approachable, always answer emails and queries, good English too if your German is not good.

OP
OP
Cidered
Sep 21, 2016
Stortford
Funster No
MH
La strada Avanti
Exp
Since 2013
Those CS look very good. Haven’t seen those before so thanks for suggestion. Don’t suppose they’re available in RHD?

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
Those CS look very good. Haven’t seen those before so thanks for suggestion. Don’t suppose they’re available in RHD?

I looked at these at Dusseldorf and had a chat with the manufacturers , yes they can do RHD. My other lasting impression is that the fitout is functional rather then luxurious, which is a bit of a disappointment at the money.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I looked at these at Dusseldorf and had a chat with the manufacturers , yes they can do RHD. My other lasting impression is that the fitout is functional rather then luxurious, which is a bit of a disappointment at the money.

Functional but quality which is what I like about them, dare I say it, totally opposite the likes of IH which are luxurious bling but not functional.
Just my opinion.

OP
OP
Cidered
Sep 21, 2016
Stortford
Funster No
MH
La strada Avanti
Exp
Since 2013
Well if they’re very expensive, that rules me out. It kind of brings me back to my original question. There’s been a few advocates for each of the makes; does that mean you can’t go far wrong with any of them. Might come down to proximity of dealer and price then.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
We had a La Strada Nova/ Superb Insulation. Good build quality apart from the very bad fridge installation.

La Strada told me to use foil tape to seal gap. I ended up rebuilding the dam thing. Hours of fridge in fridge out of a tight spot.

(All detailed with Photos on the dark side of motorhome furums!)

I love the look of the new Hymer

Cheap compared to some "fully loaded" BWM. Audi's and Mercedes Cars.

But I am looking for something sub 5.5m

And I am looking at something like the CS Amigo.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Amundsen is more utilitarian inside. Columbus has the "wow" factor with upmarket interiors. Westfalia quality is more than skin deep. They have been converting vans since 1952 so you have a lot of confidence in the hab side.

There's a choice of kitchen layouts - depends if you want a wardrobe or not.

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
Functional but quality which is what I like about them, dare I say it, totally opposite the likes of IH which are luxurious bling but not functional.
Just my opinion.

I too liked the functionality, Mrs Fast didn't - she described it as "a single mans van", I'm still not sure if the implied threat was "buy one and I'll divorce you!

OP
OP
Cidered
Sep 21, 2016
Stortford
Funster No
MH
La strada Avanti
Exp
Since 2013
I too liked the functionality, Mrs Fast didn't - she described it as "a single mans van", I'm still not sure if the implied threat was "buy one and I'll divorce you!
Perhaps that’s why they’re popular. Would really throw the lawyers if the co-respondent was a Reisemobil.

Back to the Westfalia, I don’t think the Columbus is available in sub 6 with longitudinal beds. Also now made in France. Has this changed quality?

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Seems like a good deal :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back