Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Hymer have been using the same design light for 20 years or more. Mine is a 2017 and is LED, one side failed recently. A replacement unit is a stupid price at over £100 so here is my solution which others may find useful. I purchased two 50 x 22mm 36 LED boards from eBay. They come with industrial strength self adhesive pads, I made up a panel to mount them on from a cd case, and drilled it to suit the plastic spigot which holds it in place in the fitting with a star washer. The boards come fitted with small plugs I removed these and soldered the wires together for strength as they are rather fine. The wires supplying 12v to the original light are soldered to the board, at my age I wasn’t going to attempt re soldering them to my board perched up a stepladder. Tried small terminal blocks but found them to be too bulky so settled for straight tubular crimps. Well pleased with the result it’s much brighter than the original.
IMG_3504.jpeg
IMG_4952.png
IMG_3591.jpeg
IMG_3592.jpeg
IMG_3594.jpeg
IMG_3595.jpeg
IMG_3597.jpeg

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
Well done Stewart, that looks a real pro job, you’ve already got my adress, just let me know when your coming round 👍🍻😉😃

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back