How do we price up out motorhome? (19 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
Its so sad:(. We've got to sell our lovely motorhome due to ill health.
Its a 2007, Sprite Firebrand 590RL. Specially made for Barrons Dealers and a much better spec than a 590RL Swift. Four brand new tyres, full MOT, VGC. We don't know where to start with an asking price.
We'd also appreciate any suggestions on how to sell it as we don't have the strength or energy to deal with private buyers. A local dealer says it's too old for them.
We're in Lancaster.
We're thinking of we Buy Any MotorCaravan.com who have good TrustPilot reviews
Any help or ideas would be very gratefully appreciated.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Research research research. Find others out there to get an idea of what it’s worth.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
The suggestion of using motohone depot seems the best idea to me i bought a van through them at the start if covid and that was a similar situation to your ill health fircung the sale i never saw the seller the van was at a little compound them motorhome depot guy had he dealt with everything which i would think is exactly what your looking for and as someone said if you go to we buy any motorhome type dealer you will get peanuts

Upvote 0
Feb 26, 2013
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise stargazer
Exp
since 2013
We used motorhome depot to sell our 2007 van last year. You do lose the price of their commission but my husband was unwell and we really didn’t have the energy for a private sale. We found them very straightforward and efficient.

Upvote 0

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
StephandJohn - have you tried Bay Motors in Morecambe. They recently bought an oldish van from a neighbour of mine when I lived in Lancaster.
Also get it listed in the classifieds on this site.
Good luck

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We sold our van via Motorhome Depot because of our circumstances. They are a franchise and some agents are better than others but our experience was all good.

I would use them again for both buying or selling.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
You will get nowhere near its value with the we buy anything lot and whatever they offer you will likely be knocked down once they turn up and start finding imaginary faults. If you can get a rough price or valuation from a dealer as their buy price then if you want a quick sale I would add a few grand to that and stick it on Facebook Market place. It will likely go quickly if you price it right. I sold my Kontiki on there back in May in 24 hours. You do have to sift through scammers and pond life though but its fairly easy to sift them out by checking out profiles and never give out your phone number, do it all by message, initially at least. Its free so if it doesnt work out or you feel its too much hassle just delete the ad. Otherwise Motorhome Depot might be the way to go. However as a buyer I found them next to useless whenever I enquired so make sure you give them chapter and verse on the van as a crib sheet and please! Please include the payload. They never know that one.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back