Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Good morning,

Our shower Heki? is not working, in that the wind up handle is disconnected from the mechanism.
I think I could do something about it if I could get past the outer covering.

Could anyone please advise?
IMG20240805120548.jpg

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I believe you unscrew the handle from the winding mechanism and then gently pull it down and off of the clips holding it up. It’s how I removed mine.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
If it's like the Mini Heki the cover just pulls off, try pulling the end covers off then there might be screws holding the other two.

Oct 4, 2018
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
Not so new now
I had this with a window frame to fix the blind, it might be similar.

Oct 4, 2018
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
Not so new now
Scroll down to see photos of the process I used.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2018
East Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 1995 + 20Yrs a 'Tugger' first.
The complete housing comes off by easing your fingers under it al pulling, working around it.
Don't need to take handle off or end housings.
It will have 5 or 6 rubber ball shaped 'plugs' attached to the ceiling and the housing has sockets to fit onto them.
I used washing up liquid to ease them back on when replacing.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Thanks to all correspondents.
It was, as some have said, a case of grasping the frame and a good tug removed the inside frame which as driventemple said is held in place by 6 round rubber plugs.
Unfortunately, the piece I wished to examine, a splined piece of plastic which is a go between, between? the winder and the hex. drive in the upper part, decided to jump out of it's home and promptly jump through a gap next to the driver's seat into the bowels of the van.
Question. Does anyone know if that sacrificial part is obtainable as a spare. (Don't bother to look. I'm sure it isn't)
I have a plan to recreate the part using two part, epoxy putty.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I'm off to buy a lottery ticket.
I went to the refuse bins on the site, and, in my approaching the van, saw something black and standing to attention on the step. Turned out to be the offending splined tube that hadn't hopped down the gap after all but had bounced out of the door.
Lucky it didn't hit the grass as, being black, I wouldn't have seen it.
Now back in the Remis and, thanks to a bit of packing we no longer have a combined sauna/shower.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Thanks to all correspondents.
It was, as some have said, a case of grasping the frame and a good tug removed the inside frame which as driventemple said is held in place by 6 round rubber plugs.
Unfortunately, the piece I wished to examine, a splined piece of plastic which is a go between, between? the winder and the hex. drive in the upper part, decided to jump out of it's home and promptly jump through a gap next to the driver's seat into the bowels of the van.
Question. Does anyone know if that sacrificial part is obtainable as a spare. (Don't bother to look. I'm sure it isn't)
I have a plan to recreate the part using two part, epoxy putty.

Have you used polymorph plastic before Derek? I will give you some to have a play with at Pershore. It’s the perfect way to mould small plastic parts.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Have you used polymorph plastic before Derek? I will give you some to have a play with at Pershore. It’s the perfect way to mould small plastic parts.
Thanks for that Harvey.
Before I found the part on the step I bought via Ebay a tube of two part epoxy 'steel' because I thought, having 'lost'the part, I would have to create a new one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back