How can i find out the Euro Emissions for my motorhome (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Sport
Exp
25 years
2004 Fiat Ducato (although registration document says first registered 2007).
No euro emissions listed on registration document (D1 or D2)
How can I find out what the euro emissions for my van are?

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Strange I was looking at this yesterday. Apparently there should be a certificate of compliance CoC with the van but we can't find one. So I'm interested to find a solution too.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Although you won't get a specific emissions figure, I'd assume it would be either a Euro 2 or Euro 3 - but that is only a guess. Probably, the only accurate way to establish the information is to write to Fiat, supplying the chassis number, and ask them to advise.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Sport
Exp
25 years
As from 1st April cannot go inside Perephique at Paris without sticker (not that I have any plans to but got diverted once and ended up going through suburbs!)- suspect it will come in for other cities as well soon . Easier just to get sticker than a fine?

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Our March 2005 registered Fiat Ducato 2.3 JTD was Euro 3. German Umwelt stickers display this number.

https://www.theaa.com/driving-advice/fuels-environment/euro-emissions-standards

Our sticker was Yellow so it was barred from Umwelt Green zones, which are usually city centre only rather than the whole city. In Germany I believe they're supposed to have 'corridors' to allow access to campsites and stellplatzes in green zones, but your SatNav won't know this.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
As from 1st April cannot go inside Perephique at Paris without sticker (not that I have any plans to but got diverted once and ended up going through suburbs!)- suspect it will come in for other cities as well soon . Easier just to get sticker than a fine?
Applies to Lyon and Grenoble & a large area around Grenoble.

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Sport
Exp
25 years
Do we have to get a sticker from each country - hardly going to be able to see out the screen soon !!

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Although you won't get a specific emissions figure, I'd assume it would be either a Euro 2 or Euro 3 - but that is only a guess. Probably, the only accurate way to establish the information is to write to Fiat, supplying the chassis number, and ask them to advise.
We get an emissions certificate with the MOT although an 08 model 3L engine when I checked with the website for LEZ we were compliant at least till September last year. Thinking of Germany this or Croatia, so will need to sort out what all we need.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Seemingly oddly our 2010 vehicle is Euro4 on the V5C

It would be. Euro 5 for commercial vehicles didn't come into effect until September 2010. That is for when the base vehicle is built, not for when the finished vehicle is registered.

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
It would be. Euro 5 for commercial vehicles didn't come into effect until September 2010. That is for when the base vehicle is built, not for when the finished vehicle is registered.

Aaah . . . that makes sense, ours is registered 15 Sept 2010 & obviously built prior.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Do we have to get a sticker from each country - hardly going to be able to see out the screen soon !!

Which countries are you visiting? I'm pretty certain I had to send a copy of my V5C to get my Umwelt sticker and they worked it out from that. I paid a bit extra to order it by post before travelling but you can get them abroad for less.

The French Crit'Air website should have an English language ordering section some time this month.

Don't forget your motorway vignettes as well :) It'll be like driving a tank.

Oct 30, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer b508
This Might Help

CRIT'AIR GREEN VEHICLES (GREEN AND WHITE STICKER)

- This is the lowest band restricted only for 100% pure-electric or hydrogen vehicles.

CRIT'AIR 1 (PURPLE STICKER)

- Only plug-in hybrid cars and Euro 5 and 6 petrol models (registered from 1 January 2011) fit into this bracket.

CRIT'AIR 2 (YELLOW STICKER)

- This category is for Euro 4 petrol-powered cars (registered between 1 January 2006 to 31 December 2010) and Euro 5 and 6 diesel models (registered from 1 January 2011).

CRIT'AIR 3 (ORANGE STICKER)

- Euro 2 and 3 petrol cars (registered from 1 January 1997 to 31 December 2005) qualify for this band.

- Any petrol car registered before 1997 does not qualify for a Crit'Air sticker at all.

- Crit'Air 3 also includes Euro 4 diesel cars (registered between 1 January 2006 to 31 December 2010).

CRIT'AIR 4 (DARK RED STICKER)

- This group is only applicable to Euro 3 diesel cars, which were registered between 1 January 2001 and 31 December 2005.

CRIT'AIR 5 (DARK BLUE STICKER)

- The lowest group only includes Euro 2 diesels, registered from 1 January 1997 to 31 December 2000.

- Diesel cars older than this are not eligible for a badge

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Would a LEZ exemption certificate with 'Euro 5' get me asticker in other countries ?:)

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Would a LEX exemption certificate with 'Euro 5' get me asticker in other countries ?:)
Don't what that is but I doubt it. Normal procedure is to fill out an application from and show your V5 (or attach a copy if applying online).
I know a vehicle registered as a Motor Caravan does not have emissions on the V5 but proof of date of registration normally sufficient.
First time I bought an Umwelt sticker had a very confused car dealer as there were no emissions shown on my V5, it was East Germany and he did't speak English and all I can say in German is "Ein bier bitterBroken Link Removed

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yep and there is going to be more & more. Why can't they get together and accept each other compliance so you only need one sticker.

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Hi All.. I have looked at all the websites as we use the car AND the van abroad; and [it might be me]but I am totally foxed. No idea how to work out what Euro Standard of the car or van is. It is not on the vehicle certification and the Audi website [sorry guys yes we drive Audis] is no help.
I did assume it was the by year of manufacture- but I and Sig Other have cars that fall in the same bandwidth- but mine has a catalytic converter and is less polluting; both cars have emissions at a rate that puts them into another band than the website suggests...
I also now worry about the other countries emission rules- do I have to have a separate sticker for every country?
I have tried to see what the van situation is but keep getting the LEZ london website and dont want that!
Any help welcome.. setting off for Grenoble in March........ Posted this on another thread; cut and pasted it sorry about the line through it..

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@Kirsten ... without the strike-through:

Hi All.. I have looked at all the websites as we use the car AND the van abroad; and [it might be me]but I am totally foxed. No idea how to work out what Euro Standard of the car or van is. It is not on the vehicle certification and the Audi website [sorry guys yes we drive Audis] is no help.

I did assume it was the by year of manufacture- but I and Sig Other have cars that fall in the same bandwidth- but mine has a catalytic converter and is less polluting; both cars have emissions at a rate that puts them into another band than the website suggests...

I also now worry about the other countries emission rules- do I have to have a separate sticker for every country?

I have tried to see what the van situation is but keep getting the LEZ london website and dont want that!

Any help welcome.. setting off for Grenoble in March........ Posted this on another thread; cut and pasted it sorry about the line through it..​

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
If it not on your V5 or C of C they will go buy the date of registration and you will have accept the lower band if they put you in it.

Yes.

You will be able to apply for the French on here, supposed to be available in March.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Don't what that is but I doubt it. Normal procedure is to fill out an application from and show your V5 (or attach a copy if applying online).
I know a vehicle registered as a Motor Caravan does not have emissions on the V5 but proof of date of registration normally sufficient.
First time I bought an Umwelt sticker had a very confused car dealer as there were no emissions shown on my V5, it was East Germany and he did't speak English and all I can say in German is "Ein bier bitterBroken Link Removed
Sorry that should have been LEZ , London emission zone exemption.
Yep and there is going to be more & more. Why can't they get together and accept each other compliance so you only need one sticker.
If they did then my certificate would get me one.(y)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Looks like most of us are going to have to get one.

upload_2017-2-1_20-32-8.png

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
my new van is a Euro6 motor. I filled "euro6" in box 27 of the v55/4 titled "euro status directive no" when I registered my van last week however it doesn't appear on my new V5C.

my bmw 335d records the Euro 6 status in the "version" entry in D.2. of its V5c

I've retained a copy of my CoC that confirm that it is a Euro6 motor tho

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I've retained a copy of my CoC that confirm that it is a Euro6 motor tho
I take that is the one for the base vehicle which will have been superseded by the converts C of C which won't have any emissions on it.
Probably get away with it if youv registered your van as a Fiat, won't work if you registered it as a Globecar.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back