Hike in this year's pet insurance (2 Viewers)

Dec 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Just received next year's pet insurance quote for our Mollie, it's gone up from £24 a month to £37 a month that's a big increase, I will have to start looking around at alternatives
Or go back to working again
😰😰

Oct 29, 2021
Chesterfield, UK
Funster No
MH
autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Most of my life in one form or another
We stopped paying for our 2 last year and just put the money into a seperate account for " emergencies ".
So far not used it.
We got sick of going to the vets for fairly straight forward things only for them to literally rub their hands together whilst saying " oh yes, you are insured arent you"

JRT

Feb 28, 2023
The former North Riding of Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.
Just received next year's pet insurance quote for our Mollie, it's gone up from £24 a month to £37 a month that's a big increase, I will have to start looking around at alternatives
Or go back to working again
😰😰

Ring them back and explain that you can find the same cover for less as a new customer with other companies.

Inevitably they will somehow miraculously find a 'loyalty' discount for you.

Done it twice now with more than.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I switched to self insuring my three when the cost went over £220 a month. Two have now passed away, but not getting back into that racket

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
I’m on a French bulldog website and people are always complaining about insurance costs constantly rising and asking which is the best to have, my answer is in 50+ years of having dogs I’ve never had insurance, shitz tzu, two boxers, a Labrador two pugs and now two French bulldogs, mostly flat faced breeds, apart from once spending £2500 on one of the boxers to prove he had a brain tumour, which was 25 years ago when he was 12 1/2 and had to be PTS, and 2 years ago paid £1550 on one of the frenchies to have boas surgery, all other vets fees have been below £200 which would probably be the excess you pay. Going by today’s insurance fees I would have spent the equivalent of £50,000. I’m definitely quids in, I have or will find the money if required rather than line the pockets of an insurance company. My theory has always been that vets are quick to go the most expensive route as they think the insurance will pay out anyway.

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
I will just add that most people molly coddle their French bulldogs and say they have loads of problems, my two don’t have allergies, don’t have any major problems, don’t have eating problems, as some say they do, and average 6.5 miles a day walking (according to my smart watch) yesterday we did 11 miles, they are fit and healthy.

May 28, 2020
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Izola S687SP
Exp
Ours is now £140 a month for our 10 yr old mini schnauzer thanks to her having allergies and needing a monthly injection which costs £110, she had pancreatitis last year that bill was just under £2000, they just keep hiking it up the insurance each year, can’t change due to pre existing conditions/ history. We will never have another dog it’s just way too expensive 🥺

Apr 24, 2023
Funster No
MH
Herald 400RL
Never bothered with pet insurance, when you come to need it it becomes silly prices (later years). We saved £100 a month till we had 5k for them, over 15 years of enjoying the companionship of 2 dogs and a cat we've spent maybe just over 1k (kitty topped back up when needed).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back