Highland Campervan and motorhome scheme (19 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Has anyone seen this ?

Kelsae2

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2011
kelso,scottish borders
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Doesn't seem too badly priced when you consider that a lot of the overnight car parks charge or suggest a payment of Ā£10 per night. This scheme is costed at Ā£40 over 7 nights and includes being able to get a shower at a good selection of leisure centres.
I think it is a good start to providing facilities in an area that has had problems coping with the volume of campervan & motorhome visitors.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
It's a start, but being voluntary I don't see a big uptake of the scheme. It should be compulsory to have any effect. As long time tourers we feel the Highlands have been spoilt. We only travel there to visit elderly relatives.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Doesn't seem too badly priced when you consider that a lot of the overnight car parks charge or suggest a payment of Ā£10 per night. This scheme is costed at Ā£40 over 7 nights and includes being able to get a shower at a good selection of leisure centres.
I think it is a good start to providing facilities in an area that has had problems coping with the volume of campervan & motorhome visitors.

But parking shower and rubbish is all one gets.

For all the other MH facilities one has to go to a Campra site.

If one wants 2 weeks does one have to pay another Ā£40?

Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp CL678
Exp
Since August 2019. Not including VW split screens a lifetime ago....
Yes. Ā£40 for 7 consecutive days which can be renewed. It seems to cover all overnight parking charges in the relevant car parks, but I have no personal knowledge of what those charges might otherwise be, or indeed if permitted at all.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back