Hi we have just purchased our first m/h so looking forward to learning a lot about the lifestyle from you all (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Welcome to fun (y) best way to learn is just to get out there and do it, but any problems (we all have them) this is the best place to help sort them out.

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
The Chipmunk Adventure Hello GIF

Apr 1, 2024
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Hobby T500 LHD
Exp
Spring 2024
I suggest taking a short proving trip somewhere fairly local and likely on a site with Electrical Hook Up so that you try everything out and are likely to have help to hand if you have any problems. Ideally that should be at least two nights. My first one night trip did not serve to highlight weakness in a failing leisure battery. That only came to light on my 2nd three nights away trip.

My other immediate comment: You may want two hoses for water - one short and the other long. Squeezing the water out of 10+ metres of hose to go on a reel when you are pulled up right next to a tap and in a hurry is a pain! You are also best to equip yourself with a variety of adapters for tap to hose connection.

If you need any advice on choice of gas bottles just ask.

Finally I am not sure of the age of your motor home. You may want to look at replacing tungsten/halogen bulbs with LEDs to reduce load on the leisure battery when not on an EHU.

Enjoy!

Chris

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
Hi
We have just purchased our first m/h looking forward to learning about our new lifestyle from seasoned motorhome enthusiasts
Mike
Welcome to Funsterland. My advice would be to take any advice received on this site (including this) with a massive pinch of salt. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back