Hi has anybody got an idea why my igniter won't get fridge working on gas ive replaced the AAA battery.but no clicking noise? (12 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 28, 2024
Funster No
MH
BAILEY autograph 745
Hi has anybody got an idea after changing the AAA batteries in my domestic fridge still won't make a clicking noise and get the fridge to work on gas.?

Sep 5, 2024
In a tin box
Funster No
MH
Building a PVC
Sounds like either a problem with the switch, the cable or the piezo has failed.

If you have a multimeter then you can do a continuity test to rule these out one by one.

I'd probably start by just making sure the electrical contacts in the battery compartment are clean as it's the easiest thing and then check the switch works, then check you have continuity from one end of the cable to the other and if all that works I'd probably pop the batteries in and check you're seeing voltage across the pos/neg end of the cable where the piezo attaches.

If you do, then it's your piezo that's gone and you get to play the 'find a compatible piezo' game...

Upvote 0
Apr 1, 2024
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Hobby T500 LHD
Exp
Spring 2024
I have never had a battery on my fridge even back in our caravan days ? 🤔

Or if I have I didn’t know it and have never changed one
A range of Dometic fridges have an igniter. Some (I would guess quite old models) have a piezo ignition. I know mine (2007 Hobby) is powered by an AAA battery.
To the OP:
1. I read that some modern MoHos have auto-selection of 240V/12V/Gas. I have no idea as to how precisely those function. I just wonder if the igniter will not work because you are e.g. on an EHU and using 240V (Just a thought!)
2. Perhaps more relevantly did you insert the AAA battery in the right way round? Also take the battery out and insert some contact cleaner spray.
3. Finally I can only hear the igniter if I put my ear to the fridge and the gas igniting is a small "pop" not a big "carump!". Maybe it is working?

Maybe you can help me. How do you get to the battery? At a guess you turn the button anti-clockwise. Did you maybe use long-nose pliers to do that. My igniter works so I have yet to have to explore how to replace the battery!

Fingers crossed this is an easy sort for you!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2024
North Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 745
Exp
since 2012
I have the same system. It’s battery run. Battery behind button.
Clean the contacts in the battery holder. Was the old battery wet?
Check the new battery and make sure it’s in the correct way.
Just another example of crap Dometic design.

Tony

Upvote 0
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Ignition that needs batteries has a 'spark generator'
The gas fire in my Eribacar had one - swapped it for piezo off an older fire.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back