Help travel to Roscoff! (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

TracyNorman

Free Member
Aug 20, 2024
Funster No
MH
rollerteam tline 590
We are planning our first trip in the MH to France - eek! We are looking at a ferry from Plymouth to Roscoff and when booking it suggests a discount code - does anyone have one that they would kindly share? We are quite nervous about not booking sites - so wonder if anyone could suggest a first stop not too far from the port? Also any suggestions of places to visit in the area we have two and half weeks. Many thanks for any help x

Jan 23, 2022
Cornwall, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift 686
Exp
Escaping since 2012
It depends on how far you want to travel when you leave the terminal. There are a lot of lovely places in Brittany. Do you use any apps like park4night, campercontact, camperstop?

It's been a few years since I stayed close to Roscoff, other than at the terminal the night before the crossing. There is a small stopover in Roscoff itself and it is a pretty town. There is also Saint Pol de Leon which has space for many motorhomes.

If you fancy driving an hour or two from the ferry you will find many places.

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
DBK is your man for all things near Roscoff. I think he stays at the port.

You may want to take a look at this thread which should make you want to make your first stop at a Tourist information and request this literature.
It contains the locations of 600 aires in Brittany many of them are not in the books or apps.
Take note of what it looked like on the front (last photo), if you show it to them as they dont seem to offer it over as a first port of call as they just want to advertise their local ones.
I would get a spare one just in case (we did)
And I photographed them all so you have them anyway if you click the link and dont mind getting a crooked neck as I didnt know how to change them 90 degrees

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
There are a couple of campsites at Pol de Leon just a little south of Roscoff. Several aires also around the area. Our favourite is the CCP aire at Cléder a short drive to the west.

Beyond that Brittany is your oyster, literally as they are available almost everywhere.

We are crossing to Roscoff from Plymouth next Monday. :)

Beyond that I can't suggest much without knowing your interests. An app such as Search4Sites or CamperContact is all you need to find places to stay.

Just enjoy the trip! :)

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2018
Somerset, UK
Funster No
MH
Buerstner Travel Van
Exp
Not long enough!
Good luck getting a ferry. We tried to book through CAMC. The credit card charge is "pending" but the booking failed. When called they said it failed because all the cabins were taken. So why did their website tell us they weren't!

Upvote 0
May 17, 2022
Stelling Minnis, Canterbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 1998
We are planning our first trip in the MH to France - eek! We are looking at a ferry from Plymouth to Roscoff and when booking it suggests a discount code - does anyone have one that they would kindly share? We are quite nervous about not booking sites - so wonder if anyone could suggest a first stop not too far from the port? Also any suggestions of places to visit in the area we have two and half weeks. Many thanks for any help x
Aire de camping car, Ty Poss, Goulven, 29890, France. 6 euros inc electric, showers. Nice, friendly little village.

IMG_20240623_123625815.jpg

IMG_20240623_121955646.jpg

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back