Help Required Please šŸ™šŸ¼ (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

philelson32

Free Member
Jul 15, 2024
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 120
Hi all, brand new to the forum and fairly new to motorhoming.

I have a quick question Iā€™m hoping someone can answer so Iā€™ve attached an image as itā€™s easier to ask with an image.

Can anybody tell me what these 2 pipes are coming out near the rear of my Motorhome underneath?

Thanks in advance

IMG_1238.jpeg

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
My guess is they are waste outlets for kitchen and bathroomā€¦ but Iā€™ve only seen ones like that on caravansā€¦šŸ¤”

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975

I have a quick question Iā€™m hoping someone can answer so Iā€™ve attached an image as itā€™s easier to ask with an image.

Can anybody tell me what these 2 pipes are coming out near the rear of my Motorhome underneath?

Thanks in advance

View attachment 923423
Make and model of vehicle would help? šŸ¤”

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
can i also suggest that when making a posting for help, you may get more responses if you state the nature of the assistance required, ie can anyone identify what these pipes are at the back of my motorhome please ....

of course you dont have have to do it that way, but it does make it easier for those of willing and trying to help.

i like others, also think theyr are some sort of drain off pipes aswell, have you tried running any water down the sink or shower to see if water comes out> there may also be drain taps in the pipework if you get your head under, that may indicte they are also drain points? of course the drain taps will need to be open for water to drain out.

another possibility is that one is for draining down your cold water tank, should you wish to empty it over the winter? hope that helps, .... best wishes

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Looks like the inlet and exhaust from a propex heater to mešŸ‘
Agreed.
They are convoluted aluminium which points to heat.... Possibly Chinese diesel heater or similar.
If they were water drains they would be plastic.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp

Thanks in advance

View attachment 923423
Welcome! Try turning the heating on and see if any exhaust gas is coming out of one of those pipes.

Upvote 1

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Welcome. Much confusion I know, but from what we can see, the pipes are aluminium and will be a part of the vans heating. Try turning on and feeling for hot air to escape, but caution to ensure you donā€™t burn yourself.

Could you not go back to the seller and ask the question.

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
It's for a heater. Ones an exhaust the other the air intake. As said most probably a "whale" heater. Definitely not a deisel heatet. Ifvyou look underneath the van they lead to a long rectangular box which houses the heater. The heater works on gas hence the pipes but also on electric when on hook up.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

philelson32

Free Member
Jul 15, 2024
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 120
can i also suggest that when making a posting for help, you may get more responses if you state the nature of the assistance required, ie can anyone identify what these pipes are at the back of my motorhome please ....

of course you dont have have to do it that way, but it does make it easier for those of willing and trying to help.

i like others, also think theyr are some sort of drain off pipes aswell, have you tried running any water down the sink or shower to see if water comes out> there may also be drain taps in the pipework if you get your head under, that may indicte they are also drain points? of course the drain taps will need to be open for water to drain out.

another possibility is that one is for draining down your cold water tank, should you wish to empty it over the winter? hope that helps, .... best wishes
Hi, thanks for your response, I will take that on board.

They definitely arenā€™t drain off hoses of any description but my father in law thought they were the same as his diesel heater exhaust pipes but I donā€™t think I have that form of heating.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

philelson32

Free Member
Jul 15, 2024
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 120
Thank you everyone for your responses, I think the responses about the heating system pipes is correct, gonna test it out later. šŸ˜Š

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back