Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 3, 2024
Greater Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
We've been to a few dealers within an hour's drive from home (Manchester) but they don't have more than about 20 used vans, so I'm hoping someone can recommend a large dealer with many many motorhomes we can look at.

I've tried googling it, but virtually all dealers claim they are the biggest and best šŸ¤”

I'm thinking between midlands and York if possible, but would travel further if needed.

Thanks in advance. The Edwards crew.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
We've been to a few dealers within an hour's drive from home (Manchester) but they don't have more than about 20 used vans, so I'm hoping someone can recommend a large dealer with many many motorhomes we can look at.

I've tried googling it, but virtually all dealers claim they are the biggest and best šŸ¤”

I'm thinking between midlands and York if possible, but would travel further if needed.

You need to expand your range.
The advantage for you is that probably a third of the UK dealers are in the middle of England between York and Watford

For us lot, Darn Sarf, we have to go Oop t'north, to look at Motorhomes.
(Even north of the passport control at the Watford Gap!!)

For us it was a 350 mile round trip to pick up our motorhome having looked at it twice, so well over 1,000 miles in total, excluding all the others we looked at.

It may be worth waiting for the motorhome shows at the NEC in October and March to see lots of shiney new motorhomes to get some ideas.
Or.
Better still go to some of the Warner shows in the summer and take a look not only at the displays, but also wander around the vast camp site.
Once you have a make and model in mind many owners are prepared to let you have a quick look and then will talk for hours about the good and bad issues of their particular make and model.

Just remember 'mine' is always the best one out there!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Some of the shows

1723115186736.png

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/motorhomes

Sep 25, 2021
Burntwood, UK
Funster No
MH
Mclouis fusion 331
Exp
Go European based in Cannock has a fair few new and used motorhomes for sale. You can checkout their website to see if it's worth a visit.

Feb 19, 2023
Leyland, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Excel 690L
Exp
Since August 2022
Have you been to Motorlands at Lytham ? They have plenty of stock, most inside in the dry and they let you wander round. Have dealt with them twice and been treated well.

Another this way is Red Lion who appear from their website to have upped their game. I wasnā€™t at all impressed on previous visits but that was two years ago.

One thing to remember is that dealers only tend to sort problems on those they have sold. Travelling a long way has an element of risk !

Oct 28, 2022
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Brownhills

Lowdhams
Should of added

Hymer Uk at Stafford

Camper Uk in Lincoln

Marquis - all over

Go European in Cannock as suggested - lots of Carthagosā€¦

Derby Motorhomes - mainly Autosleepers

Geoff Cox - mainly Adria

TMD by Redditch - Burstner

EmmBee in Manchester

Nick Whale by Evesham - great dealer

Probably loads more

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
One dealer. In fact our closest is very rarely mentioned on here. Although I have never had any dealings with them I have visited quite a few times and they always seem very friendly and have loads of vans and I have never heard any horror stories about them.

Apr 1, 2024
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Hobby T500 LHD
Exp
Spring 2024
Campbells at Lostock Hall on the South side of Preston (Just off the motorway) currently list 38 vans for sale:

P.S. You don't say what you are looking for which makes it difficult to direct you with any accuracy. You could also try doing some searches on Autotrader:

Last edited:
May 17, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance SE
Exp
I am a Newbie
A long way from your area, but well worth the journey, Simon Select at Select Motorhomes worth considering. A more honest and reliable dealership will be hard to find. Take a look at their website to see what they have to offer. (And no, Simon is not paying me for this recommendation. - yet !) šŸ˜‰

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Aug 09 to date
Go European based in Cannock has a fair few new and used motorhomes for sale. You can checkout their website to see if it's worth a visit.
Or indeed Cosford Caravans at Cosford, spitting distance off Jct 3 of the M54.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!

Doesn't have information of what level of stock they hold but you can download an Excel workbook from here that contains "all known" dealers and if they stock new / used / etc.

You can filter the data by various elements, eg city, county, etc, etc, .......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back