Help-- I have a problem with an actuator/solonoid to the habitiation not working (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 2, 2024
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E495
Exp
since 2009
I have a problem with an electronic actuator/solonoid to the central locking of the habitiation door of my Bessacarr E495 not working. I have stripped it out and been in touch with both, the Italian Manufacturers and Swift. The Manufactures indicated they were available from their dealers--Reading between the lines Swift didn't really want to know because my £60000+ motorhome is over 10yrs old, This was their reply
Thank you for your email.
Unfortunately due to the age of your Motorhome we no longer stock these parts. I would suggest that you try an online leisure vehicle spares stores such as O'Leary Motorhomes.

I would have thought Swift would have been able to say a newer model has a similar actuator and with very little modification this particular one would do the job.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

IMG-20240506-WA0003.jpg

Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
Try asking the company that made them here

Upvote 0
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
It looks like to top plastic part unclips, unless you have already tried it maybe repairable. If not plenty of cheap (under £10) 2 Wire Slave Car Central Locking Door Motor Solenoids on fleay bay that you may be able to cannibalise for parts to get you out of trouble.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back