Help hab door lock wrong way round lock/unlock (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 9, 2023
Leeds, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star
Hi

Our motorhome hab door lock does this strange thing.

When we turn the key towards the lock position symbol it unlocks the door & when we turn the key to the unlock symbol it locks it.

It’s been like this since we bought it.

Anyone know how this works and if it’s an easy fix ?

Photo attached

Thanks

IMG_7737.png

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
You could possibly remove the lock using an appropriate Zadi removal key and turn it upside down.
You'll need to check the version number of the lock though.

As an alternative could you just put red / green stickers / enamel paint over the logos?

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7010
Exp
Since 1974
I could well be wrong, but I don't think turning the lock barrel will be either possible or a remedy.
Haven't got an answer to the problem though.

Upvote 0

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
To be honest I’d leave it well alone. Those of us that have had to remove the inside of the had doors, know what a complete pain it is, so while it works, I’d leave well alone.

Don't worry, the internals will break and some stage, meaning you’ll have to get in there, but for now, just leave it.

Besides, it’ll confuzamalate would be thieves 👍🏻

Upvote 0

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Thanks everyone for your comments, i will leave this as it is as it’s not a big deal really. Just thought I’d ask to see if there was an simple/easy 😁
Get in from the other side? :giggler: It could be that the keeper has been fitted for a righthanded door and yours is a left handed opening door, I see its a Benimar so they do doors on both the left and right hand sides of the motorhome wrong one picked up on assembly but leave alone if its working

Upvote 0

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Get in from the other side? :giggler: It could be that the keeper has been fitted for a righthanded door and yours is a left handed opening door, I see its a Benimar so they do doors on both the left and right hand sides of the motorhome wrong one picked up on assembly but leave alone if its working

The OP has a Burstner. It's me who has the Benimar. But both have the same quirk :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back