Hello to like minded Humans (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 2, 2024
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix
Good day to you all, we have had camper vans previously but have decided with our age and aspirations to branch out into the motor home world. After much searching and deliberations we have decided to opt for a Adria so hope our choice is going to serve us well?
It was always really easy to insure our camper vans and relatively cheap(if i can use that word) but we are finding to insure a new motor home is becoming stressful and very expensive? We have spoken to the 2 main clubs and also Admiral, Caravan Guard and also Adrianflux, Can anyone recommend one and a rough cost of what we should be paying (approx value 100k)

Many thanks

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
w2f

Insurance is risk based on the individual so what's good for one may not be suitable for others.
I'm afraid it's a case of ringing around, but I would say premiums have risen everywhere recently.
Avoid the main comparison sites, they tend not to work for motorhomes.
I use AIB who are brokers and had good service for nine years without significant increase in premiums.
They also offer discounts for paid up members of MH Fun

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Try LV, ring them direct not the website but be prepared for a bit of a wait before someone answers!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Welcome to the Fun 😀

If you are a member of either the Caravan club or camping & caravanning club, it’s worth getting an insurance quote from them.

I find that I have to shop around every year to get the best price. A company that is cheap one year might not be the next.

Advance Insurance have given me a good quote in the past.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Welcome to the Fun!
Many threads on this old perennial question if you use the 'Search' button. This thread with 100+ opinions/suggestions will keep you out of the pub for an hour or two......... :giggle:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
This thread with 100+ opinions/suggestions will keep you out of the pub for an hour or two......... :giggle:

and, because of the quantity Funsters drink the money you save pays for the insurance premium! Win Win!!!
(y)(y)(y)

ps OP
w2f

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Amy Poehler Hello GIF by Team Coco

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M
Jul 2, 2024
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix
Can i just say a massive THANK YOU to all you lovely peeps out there who have responded to my question and given me the suggestions which i have followed up and i am receiving quotes approx 30-50% cheaper than the 2 main clubs insurance.
Anyone knows anybody who is in the market for a Vango Galli3 air drive away awning low only used 4 times and comes complete with pump and inside carpet and pegs etc (cost new over £1100.00 so offers in region of £500?

Cheers

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Can i just say a massive THANK YOU to all you lovely peeps out there who have responded to my question and given me the suggestions which i have followed up and i am receiving quotes approx 30-50% cheaper than the 2 main clubs insurance.
Anyone knows anybody who is in the market for a Vango Galli3 air drive away awning low only used 4 times and comes complete with pump and inside carpet and pegs etc (cost new over £1100.00 so offers in region of £500?

Cheers
If you pay your subscription, best money you'll spend given the support you get on here, you'll get access to the Classified section where you can list it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back