Free Member
Mar 19, 2019
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Apache 700SE
Exp
Hi,
I’m Chris - I’m 61, but look and act much younger. I’m single and currently rent a cottage. I’m planning on buying a motorhome and going full time to get out off the hamster wheel.
I’m looking at a 2013 fiat Ducato Bessacarr e496 as I love the layout.

If anyone thinks that’s a bad choice please shout.

Regards
Chris

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. Layout is a very important consideration in a motorhome and everyone will have their own opinions on this. All the more so when full timing.

Wyn

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Merlin, welcome to the fun house! :)

If you subscribe (£15 a year) you can get your mitts on Jim's excellent "Buyer's Guide" and "Security Guide" free of charge, otherwise they're £7.99 each I believe. These will give you a lot of info about motorhomes generally and what to look out for.

I've had a quick shuftie at the layout of the E496 and am not convinced it's ideal for full-time living as you'd need to make the bed up each night and pack it away each morning, or leave it up permanently in which case you might as well go for a fixed bed and benefit from the storage space too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Merlin33

Merlin33

Free Member
Mar 19, 2019
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Apache 700SE
Exp
Hi Minxy,

The bed is a pull down over the cab - which is why it seems ideal as a full time vehicle. So no need to make each time and doesn’t take space. :)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated welcome group purple.gif

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Minxy,

The bed is a pull down over the cab - which is why it seems ideal as a full time vehicle. So no need to make each time and doesn’t take space. :)
Not the ideal place though - the mattress won't be that thick so I certainly wouldn't want to be using it all the time, also headroom etc can be a problem as can heat build up ... please make sure you have a try and see if it suits you as there are a lot of people who won't 'settle' in an overcab bed finding it claustrophobic.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back