Headlights in EU (1 Viewer)

Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
Do I need headlamp aim doofers on my flair lights or is there a way of turning them for use in Europe? Sorry if a silly question....

OP
OP
Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
Haha. Not an option unfortunately as I will be arriving and departing at night!

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
If its got projector style headlights they usually have a lever to enable realigning to LHD . If not then you can fix bending lenses to the front glass .

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I also rarely drive at night, but as my motorhome is on a ford I have a second set of headlight units which are right hand dipping, the headlight units are just removed with two torx screws and a multipin plug.
Yours are probably not swappable as mine on the Rapido weren't. In which case don't bother, they were too dim to dazzle anyone anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Do I need headlamp aim doofers on my flair lights or is there a way of turning them for use in Europe? Sorry if a silly question....
As you have an N&B I assume you have Hella projector headlamps. If your van is LHD they are probably already set for flat dipping.
If RHD and it has RHD headlamps the can be set for flat dipping, older lamps require 3 screws on the back loosening then the lamp rotating to the other end of the slot, later ones just a case of flipping a leaver.

Do check your beam patten first as a lot of RHD vans are supplied with LHD lamps set for flat dipping.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
As you have an N&B I assume you have Hella projector headlamps. If your van is LHD they are probably already set for flat dipping.
If RHD and it has RHD headlamps the can be set for flat dipping, older lamps require 3 screws on the back loosening then the lamp rotating to the other end of the slot, later ones just a case of flipping a leaver.

Do check your beam patten first as a lot of RHD vans are supplied with LHD lamps set for flat dipping.
Lenny HB changed mine to flat but changed them back for the MOT, is it a MOT failure if not set to kick up on the UK nearside do you know?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
How many lorries both UK or EU change their lights or have beam benders when either here or over there.

NONE
What's that got to do with it, just because someone else breaks the law it doesn't mean you have to.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Taff015

The easiest way to adjust your light is to remove the front light surround which should be on two wing nuts and then remove the dip beam unit complete with it's mounting plate it is then dead easy to turn the light unit it it's housing, you have to remove one screw and then back the screw off enough to actually lift the light unit slightly and then turn, replace everything as was and job done (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back