Haynes autofix for Ducato (7 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Anybody used Haynes autofix for Ducato or anything else for that, the new online haynes manual.
is it worth it, helpful, something to avoid?
or any other workshop manual to reccomend.

Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
Anybody used Haynes autofix for Ducato or anything else for that, the new online haynes manual.
The reviews I've read make it sound like a total waste of money.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I bought this when it first came out, looked at it once, saw most advice too wide-ranging, haven't looked at it since but keep getting pestered by sales emails!

OP
OP
the1andonly
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Thanks
Just what I wanted , clear concise advice
Save your money john

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 11, 2009
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Concorde Compact
Exp
Since I was 18.... 1996....
I got it , tmit is not a Haynes Manual at all and found despite them claiming it did , It did
Not cover my 2021 Ducato.

Some of the diagrammes could be useful but other wise save you money.

Daniel

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I imagine any workshop manual covering specifically the standard Ducato would not be much use for an 'A' Class conversion, where several systems have been modified or re-located.

Nov 15, 2023
Cornwall, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Globecar
Exp
Since 2019
A bit late to the party, but I'll add to the weight; Knowing Haynes for their books I bought a copy last night - - Rubbish, garbage, doggerel, not fit for purpose, don't touch it - not even with someone else's barge pole. Generic copy and paste for all sorts, the illustration of how to jack the Fiat Ducato shows a Mercedes saloon. I have a problem with the cooling, the only thing I could fine was the torque settings for the bolts on the water pump. Considering the past quality of Haynes this is a really bad disappointment. I'm demanding my money back - wish me luck with that!

OP
OP
the1andonly
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Thank you all for saving me money on this. There is useful info on the Fiat Forum for the X250 but I have a twin egr X290 and there is "the odd difference". I presume no other publication has turned up. One of the problems Ive encountered with search on the web is the Ducato was sold around the world in different specs at the same time. Thus i ended up buying ecu pinout info from south america for a 2017 model that was a UK 2015. (and freely available for free) Such is life.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2023
Cornwall, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Globecar
Exp
Since 2019
Another one who feels shafted, I mean in what universe does a merc saloon resemble a Peugeot boxer
I've had another look through it, the more I look the worse it gets. "shafted", I don't think I could put it so politely!! 'In what universe . . . ' Don't get me started !!!

South Killingholme, back in my seagoing days (1973) I was on a tanker berthed on the oil jetty with a pub at the other end - got introduced to 'chasers' - rye & dry; wow that's how to get a sore head, what a state to get into. - happy days.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
John Haynes was quite a character. My Uncle John , or Ken as he was known to his work colleagues and some friends was the master printer at Sparkford. He worked there from 1960 when it started until he retired.

He saw many changes over the years thatā€™s for sure! He only died during Covid.

Oct 29, 2021
Chesterfield, UK
Funster No
MH
autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Most of my life in one form or another
Such a shame. Been using and looking sy Haynes manuals since i was a nipper.
Ive been looking for a Boxer manual and could only find the online version. Couldnt bring myself to get it do have made do with youtube and net.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back