Hartal door strip and blind repair (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Hello everyone

have any of you guys n gals ever stripped down this type of door to get at the blind

I need to remove the blind to allow me to try to repair it before it gets any worse than it is

photos attached and many thank for any help offered

Al

IMG_0869-compressed.jpeg

IMG_0867.jpeg

IMG_0864.jpeg

Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
I think I may have sorted this 👍
Morning. Curious how you got on. The blind is a bloody awful design with the strings running through (and breaking) a totally unfit for purpose bit of plastic that slides into the top piece. last time I dismantled the blind it seems that you have to remove the side tracks to be able to remove the base cassette to have a fighting chance of replacing the inadequate plastic strip. Oh - and I also managed to break the top clips that fix the strings to the top of the frame. 😳

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
hi Mark McG

i managed to remove the whole blind in about 20 secs without stripping the door down, it’s actually very easy but a little bit fiddly.

I repaired the top corner of the blind which had folded in a U shape and released itself from the top track, I flattened it best I could and carefully slid it back in with a tiny bit of superglue to hold it in place.

So far i’m happy but hopefully the dealer is going to replace it anyway so this is just a put me on

Al

IMG_0904.jpeg

68598902-71AA-4097-9E1E-66DE0EADA2F6.jpeg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Enjoy ! I’m in no rush👍

here you go Phil

the top cord tension clips simply slid inwards, this bit takes 5 seconds either side

IMG_0909.jpeg

this will take the tension off the blind either side

Next lower the blind as it’s easier and look down at the lower rail, on either side of the rail it snaps into a plastic clip, get a screwdriver or a spoon handle and ease the clip forward towards you to release the rail

3a24800f-7167-4fd1-aabd-c1ca8d5f1cd1.jpeg

and then the blind can be removed from the tracks either side, I repaired the top by straightening it out and I very sparingly superglued it back into the top rail. I cleaned all the track's, the bottom of the door window and silicon sprayed the runners each side and clicked it back into place.

The whole process took 20 mins and that was me cleaning the whole inside of the hab door and waste bin.

Please lmk if you want any more info but i’d not hesitate to do it again.

I’m hoping the dealer gets me a new one under warranty, if so i’ll put that one in the spare parts box i’ve got lol.

Al

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
here you go Phil

the top cord tension clips simply slid inwards, this bit takes 5 seconds either side

View attachment 918725

this will take the tension off the blind either side

Next lower the blind as it’s easier and look down at the lower rail, on either side of the rail it snaps into a plastic clip, get a screwdriver or a spoon handle and ease the clip forward towards you to release the rail

View attachment 918727

and then the blind can be removed from the tracks either side, I repaired the top by straightening it out and I very sparingly superglued it back into the top rail. I cleaned all the track's, the bottom of the door window and silicon sprayed the runners each side and clicked it back into place.

The whole process took 20 mins and that was me cleaning the whole inside of the hab door and waste bin.

Please lmk if you want any more info but i’d not hesitate to do it again.

I’m hoping the dealer gets me a new one under warranty, if so i’ll put that one in the spare parts box i’ve got lol.

Al
Thank you, I’d like to remove ours without stripping off the door panels to sort some marks on the blinds.

I shall give it a go soon , we are off on the weekend for a week so it’s on the list for the week after.

Thanks again 👍

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back