Harrogate Caravan and Motorhome Show this weekend 6,7 and 8 September 2024 (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 27, 2021
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Seasoned
Mrs T and myself, lured by the advance purchase of two £5 tickets, made our way from deepest Lincolnshire up the A1 to beautiful Harrogate for the above show. At the roundabout just outside the town, cars (for that was our chosen mode of transport) were directed via an incredibly circuitous route not only around Harrogate but also the showground on part paved tracks, only to arrive at what felt like a ploughed field which masqueraded as a car park.

No problem, we arrived before the show opened and indeed they started letting the madding crowds in ten minutes early.

In we went to be met first with a gaggle of "artisan market" stalls selling various crafts, flavoured gin etc. We, reckoning on being smart then entered the two huge indoor halls before it began to throb with the thronging masses. The relatively few traders were spread out in the extreme to fill acres of empty space. Admittedly they were selling goods of the kind actually used and needed by the motorhome and caravan community.

Outside again we looked for the outside catering and seating area supposedly located behind the Adria area. The catering consisted of a solitary burger type van.

Moving through the motorhome and caravan area was dispiriting. There were five areas dedicated to the major builders but again so spread out that I expected tumbleweed to pass in the breeze between the vans.

The vast majority of the rest of the exhibits was taken by the mobile home makers who certainly made up the greater area of display space of the entire show.

Oh and the "village green, street food and music area" did not appear to exist. At least we couldn't find it.

All in all a very disappointing show on which we will not bother wasting fuel again or the £2.90 each we were stung for a cup of weak tea come to that.

The sad thing for the visitors paying on the day was that they were being charged £12.50 a head.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I thought this show was always on in March, we’ve been before it’s poor but then all the shows are to me.

Mar 12, 2021
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
carthago e line 64xl
Exp
There is one in march this was the old lawns show at hull got moved and expanded when the university moved them on mostly tourers statics and lodges back then.

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
I thought the Harrogate show was early in the year as well.

I think you may have picked a 'secondary' show to go to.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 3, 2024
Greater Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
We went along on Friday - and have vowed never to return 😬

Maybe 200 mobile homes, maybe 100 caravans.... and about 25 motorhomes (if that). 😲

In the search for our new Moho, we've visited a good few small dealerships that had more vans on display than were at this 'show'.

A large indoor sales area seemingly dedicated to Leisure World and not much else.

We spoke to another couple who said it was not a patch on the previous years displays, so read into that what you like. First and last visit completed.

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
Probably a large part of the issues this weekend was the (larger) SouthWest motothome show was on down in Shepton Mallet.

Motorhomefun even had a rally field there, I think you'd have had better luck going there ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back