Had anyone taken a scooter to Morocco? (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
And if so, was it worth it?
Hi GoldenVision in my own personal opinion very much so, although a lot depends on your own kind of travelling, when in Morocco we like to mix it up with some wild camping, some guardian parking and some campsites stay overs too. so we've found having the scooter great for getting about, as your probably aware driving in some of the big cities in Morocco can only be described as 'interesting' and we've found having the scooter great for zipping in and out of places, but we've also used it for day trips out in the countryside too usually staying a few nights at a nice campsite and exploring the surrounding areas, having said all that you could probably do a similar type of thing with bicycles or even better ebikes although cycle lanes etc are practically non existent in Morocco, sorry I can't be much more help but it really is a personal choice, lots of Europeans seem to bring all sorts of scooters, quads and small cars with them but not so much the Brits, not sure why that is, but either way hope you enjoy Morocco 🙂 Paul

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Took my Honda vision this year to Morocco and found it very useful for most of the trip,
As has been said the cities can be challenging but keep you wits about you and you will be fine,
You have to import them but it’s just an additional form at the border that is now straightforward,
All in all if you have the extra payload then go for it but remember the taxis are very cheap and plentiful so could be a option,

OP
OP
GoldenVision
Oct 5, 2021
Tropical Skelmorlie
Funster No
MH
Globecar 5.4 Shine
Exp
Since 2013
Still undecided. Thanks for the comments, I'm leaning towards taking it, but it's not my (sole) decision. I know taxis are cheap, but it's always nice to have your own transport. Subtle persuasion is may be required 😁

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
A mate drove all the way there and back on a Yamaha 'Fizzy' FS1E, 50cc moped back in the late 70's.

1726439406004.png

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Hi GoldenVision in my own personal opinion very much so, although a lot depends on your own kind of travelling, when in Morocco we like to mix it up with some wild camping, some guardian parking and some campsites stay overs too. so we've found having the scooter great for getting about, as your probably aware driving in some of the big cities in Morocco can only be described as 'interesting' and we've found having the scooter great for zipping in and out of places, but we've also used it for day trips out in the countryside too usually staying a few nights at a nice campsite and exploring the surrounding areas, having said all that you could probably do a similar type of thing with bicycles or even better ebikes although cycle lanes etc are practically non existent in Morocco, sorry I can't be much more help but it really is a personal choice, lots of Europeans seem to bring all sorts of scooters, quads and small cars with them but not so much the Brits, not sure why that is, but either way hope you enjoy Morocco 🙂 Paul
Took my Honda vision this year to Morocco and found it very useful for most of the trip,
As has been said the cities can be challenging but keep you wits about you and you will be fine,
You have to import them but it’s just an additional form at the border that is now straightforward,
All in all if you have the extra payload then go for it but remember the taxis are very cheap and plentiful so could be a option,

Do you recall how much the insurance was at border for the scooter? I never took mine last time I left it in Spain but taking one this year.

I'm assuming hopefully they don't charge the same insurance for a scooter as they do for a motorhome.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back