Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
I have just noticed a crack creeping across my hab door window, I will drill a small hole to stop it advancing further but does anyone know of a product to make a repair. These windows are bonded onto the door so not easy to get off, so would like to be able to do it in situ.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I have just noticed a crack creeping across my hab door window, I will drill a small hole to stop it advancing further but does anyone know of a product to make a repair. These windows are bonded onto the door so not easy to get off, so would like to be able to do it in situ.
Would this work for you, Dane?:unsure:
If so, you probably wouldn't need to drill a hole?:unsure:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
The hole will be needed to stop the crack, Cap Tollys just fills the void but worth looking at.

What I am trying to avoid is anything running through and down the inside of the window as it's double glazed. I think I will only get one go at it what ever I try. Since I posted on fun I have come across THIS product and THIS company supply replacements but it's tricky getting the old one De-bonded according to them.

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
The other stuff you linked to seems to be for acrylic but think the window is glass. :unsure:
Ours has a scratch across it.

Upvote 0

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I’ve used this before, it’s really easy to apply, once on it’s invisible and really difficult to remove.

Used it on cracked panes in the greenhouse too, it’s really good at what it does.

Used it extensively in the military on all windows during the troubles and risk of mortar attacks, so worth a lookieseesee me finks 👍🏻

Also great for putting on top of the clear glass on the cooker 👍🏻

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
The other stuff you linked to seems to be for acrylic but think the window is glass. :unsure:
Ours has a scratch across it.
The inside is deffo Acrylic/polycarbonate or the like. You got me thinking now about the outside bit, I didn't think it was glass, need to check that out.

Upvote 0
Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
Possibly a small bit of araldite worked into the crack. Any surplus can be cut off with a razor blade after it has set but before complete curing. I've used it on cracked rear light lenses.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
Gellyneck Window deffinitly Acrylic or Poly carbonate inside and out. Drilled a hole and as you suggested will try Capt Tolley's as I didn't know it was an adhesive.

Upvote 0
Apr 9, 2024
Funster No
MH
Timberland Endeavour
Please let us know how you get on with your repair
Cheers, Dave

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
Just had the quote for a new window from Crazy caravans £495 + Vat and it will need trimming to match the bottom angle on mine. I need to find a nice quiet dark place and sit down. They are bonded to the door so I guess it's just the out side flat part that is. Anyone had one apart?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Just had the quote for a new window from Crazy caravans £495 + Vat and it will need trimming to match the bottom angle on mine. I need to find a nice quiet dark place and sit down. They are bonded to the door so I guess it's just the out side. Anyone had one apart?
/storage/emulated/0/Download/IMG_20240728_095200912.jpg
I'll come up with another silly suggestion! Well you know me!:rolleyes:

You couldn't get a clear vinyl graphic and apply that over the existing window? Or something similar?

Anyway, I'm off out hiding before you slag me off again!:tounge:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
I'll come up with another silly suggestion! Well you know me!:rolleyes:

You couldn't get a clear vinyl graphic and apply that over the existing window? Or something similar?

Anyway, I'm off out hiding before you slag me off again!:tounge:
Grant, not silly at all the stuff PP Bear mentioned comes in different tints, you can also get a privacy version that lets you see only one way. Trying Capt Tolley's with PP Bears clear security film first off, if the crack is still visible then will try a tinted fill to disguise it. I'm lothed to shell out nearly £600 unless I really have to.

Upvote 0

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Funny you should have that happen it happened to us about 18 months ago… hasn’t got bigger and to be honest I forgot all about it till I read your thread
IMG_8314.jpeg

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Grant, not silly at all the stuff PP Bear mentioned comes in different tints, you can also get a privacy version that lets you see only one way. Trying Capt Tolley's with PP Bears clear security film first off, if the crack is still visible then will try a tinted fill to disguise it. I'm lothed to shell out nearly £600 unless I really have to.
Oooooops didn't see PP Bear previous post! :doh:

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Funny you should have that happen it happened to us about 18 months ago… hasn’t got bigger and to be honest I forgot all about it till I read your thread
Hey you! Stop being a peeping Tom at our door!:swear2:
1722256378454.png

Will be trying Captain Tolley trick but have previously disguised it with a Sharpe pen!:clap2:
1722256529477.png

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
strange as its in exactly the same place
Stop trying to cover your tracks! :swear2: You've been caught up to your tricks!:giggler:

Yes, it's spooky, exactly the same. Maybe we should start a class action against AT for an inherent fault!:whistle2:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
Gellyneck Mines halfway down on the right side about 50mm inside and out in the bit you lookout, nowhere near as bad as yours tho. For yours black film would cover it easily I would have thought.

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Gellyneck Mines halfway down on the right side about 50mm inside and out in the bit you lookout, nowhere near as bad as yours tho. For yours black film would cover it easily I would have thought.
We got film from here previously (for home not motorhome).

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Probably not much use but I have previously got acrylic sheet cut to size for sun house glazing from these guys.

They also do other plastics including polycarbonate.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
So while away I tried Capt Tolleys, I made a little cup out of blu-tak to act as a reservior and stuck it over the crack, filled with Capt Tollys and left it to do it's thing. It didn't seem to draw any in and it still looks much the same.

Crack.jpg

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back