Hab door not central locking (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 21, 2019
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Since 2017
Hi folks, I’ve a dethleffs Trend and the Hab door doesn’t lock with the central locking although it’s fine using its own key!
The switch near the bottom hinge can be heard clicking when door closed and been checked with a meter. Any clues please🙂

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Hi folks, I’ve a dethleffs Trend and the Hab door doesn’t lock with the central locking although it’s fine using its own key!
The switch near the bottom hinge can be heard clicking when door closed and been checked with a meter. Any clues please🙂
I suspect the things in the hinge aren't switches, they're just sprung pogo pins for contacts.

I had a similar issue and it was the switch in the lock wasn't detecting the door had latched closed.

It's also common for a cable to come loose, so the actuator fires, but doesn't pull the lock closed.

Upvote 0
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Better without it, you can lock the front with the remote key but still be able to use the hab door. Also it's not draining the battery and switching the ecu on everytime your locking/unlocking the hab door. 👍

PS my car ECU comes on for 8 minutes and takes 250ma everytime something happens, like door opens/unlocks/locks/boot opens etc 😕

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Better without it, you can lock the front with the remote key but still be able to use the hab door. Also it's not draining the battery and switching the ecu on everytime your locking/unlocking the hab door. 👍

PS my car ECU comes on for 8 minutes and takes 250ma everytime something happens, like door opens/unlocks/locks/boot opens etc 😕

I don't get that. Why would I want the front doors locked but the hab open? I don't want the hab door unlocked when I leave the van. I want to click the button and all doors lock and alarm is set. That's the point of central locking.

Upvote 0

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Does the innards look anything like this?

C4D73D0C-5A29-4FC9-845E-E0A2CCC9D975.jpeg

Upvote 0
Jun 21, 2024
Funster No
MH
Harmony line 690g
I don't get that. Why would I want the front doors locked but the hab open? I don't want the hab door unlocked when I leave the van. I want to click the button and all doors lock and alarm is set. That's the point of central locking.
Same here got intermittent fault on our Hab door don't want it not locking when I'm in Drive Away mode , what's stopping anyone jumping in at Traffic lights ect.

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Same here got intermittent fault on our Hab door don't want it not locking when I'm in Drive Away mode , what's stopping anyone jumping in at Traffic lights ect.
None if my doors lock when I drive away. Never really bothered me to be honest but is that a setting somewhere that I can enable?

Upvote 0

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Our hab door has never locked with the central locking. Is it supposed to? The key fob locks the cab doors but to lock the hab door we have to either (1) lock it with the separate key from the outside or (2) push the lock thing down from the inside.

Here's what our looks like;

IMG_3937 001.jpg

Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Our hab door has never locked with the central locking. Is it supposed to? The key fob locks the cab doors but to lock the hab door we have to either (1) lock it with the separate key from the outside or (2) push the lock thing down from the inside.

View attachment 917663
Some vans have the hab door integrated into the cab locking. But not all.

I have a Fiat key for the cab ignition that's attached to the central locking fob. But the key that unlocks all the doors, the external locker and the filler caps is another different key. But then mine is A-class.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Some vans have the hab door integrated into the cab locking. But not all.

I have a Fiat key for the cab ignition that's attached to the central locking fob. But the key that unlocks all the doors, the external locker and the filler caps is another different key. But then mine is A-class.

Oh, ok, thank you. Yes, mine's the same but mine's a coachbuilt. It's a pain, really. It would be nice if the cab and hab locked together :)

Upvote 0
Jun 21, 2024
Funster No
MH
Harmony line 690g
None if my doors lock when I drive away. Never really bothered me to be honest but is that a setting somewhere that I can enable?
If your Hab Door locks off your Fob (with Cab door locking) then on our Fiat Ducato there is a setting on the Menu for Auto Locking so when enabled over I think 20mph all the Doors Automatically Lock, Chris.

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp

View attachment 917663
Mine is integrated into the cab door locking as it is linked to the aftermarket alarm that I had fitted.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
My new Carthago the hab door would unlock but not lock on the central locking, 1st night we used the van on the way back from dealers went down the pub I think the door was unlocked.

Sorted it myself the mechanism wasn't attached to the soloniod, couldn't have been fitted properly.
The parts with pink varnish on them in the photo.

IMG_20240614_125603270_HDR_copy_1024x768.jpg

Upvote 0
Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I think the thing is just to understand how your particular system works. On ours, it is vaguely possible to lock yourself out, if the back door is in the self lock position. But to be able to lock the front doors independently of the rear you can use beneficially.

Reactions: HKF
Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
Ah, ok. Maybe ours will be different after the Growler is fitted? :unsure:
Thinking about it that's probably not right. I guess the central locking mechanism in the hab door must have been put there by the motorhome manufacturer and linked to the cab doors when built so maybe it's down to the manufacturer of the motorhome.

• Informative
Reactions: HKF
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back