Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 26, 2019
Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
McLoius Fusion
Exp
Since 2019
Our hab door central locking on our Mclouis Fusion 360 has been playing up and recently stopped locking/unlocking the door altogether, although it sounded like it was. It’s working fine using the key and inner handle. Just spent

a couple of hours to remove the inner door trim to expose the mechanism. I can see that the electrical actuator is moving ok and doing it’s job ok but it’s not actually connected to the rest of the door lock. Does anyone know what the missing piece is? A solid plastic arm or something similar. There’s no sign of any loose parts so I’m scratching my head and reaching out hoping that someone knows. Thanks

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Is there any way you can remove the bellows or push them up when it's extended to see the end of the rod,I can't believe a piece can just disappear 🤔

Upvote 0
OP
OP
buntyb
Jul 26, 2019
Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
McLoius Fusion
Exp
Since 2019
The actuator moves freely either by hand or using the fob, it just isn’t connected to the lock mechanism beneath it and I can’t seem to see how it will connect back up. Looks like it should be an easy fix however it may end up going in for a repair by someone who has seen this stuff before. The bottom part looks and is shaped like a plastic ‘nail head’. As if it should attach to something. I will return to staring at it and scratching my head

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Definitely looks like there is a bit missing.

Our brand new van had a similar problem it would unlock but not lock I think we went down the pub leaving the the van unlocked the first night after picking it up.

Different to yours but same principle. I found the solenoid couldn't have been clipped on properly to the mechanism.
Easy to access, a couple of panels on the door unclip to give access to the door mechanism.
. The bits with pink varnish should have been clipped together.

IMG_20240614_125603270_HDR_copy_1638x1228.jpg

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Upvote 0
Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Hi there.
I can make one for you, no problem. We are however away in Germany and Czechia until the 15th September. If you can wait till then I’ll make a note to message you as soon as we get back. We are visiting the company that make the 3D printers I use to make funster parts. (Joseph Prusa)
Cheers PaulandChrissy

Upvote 0
OP
OP
buntyb
Jul 26, 2019
Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
McLoius Fusion
Exp
Since 2019
Hi there.
I can make one for you, no problem. We are however away in Germany and Czechia until the 15th September. If you can wait till then I’ll make a note to message you as soon as we get back. We are visiting the company that make the 3D printers I use to make funster parts. (Joseph Prusa)
Cheers PaulandChrissy
Thanks that’s a great offer. Don’t you need a complete one to copy though? mine is broken

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 11, 2016
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Upvote 0
OP
OP
buntyb
Jul 26, 2019
Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
McLoius Fusion
Exp
Since 2019
Could it be stuck back together with some Araldite? :unsure:
Possibly however if it failed again I’m not sure that stripping the door apart several times would be a good idea. Actually thinking of sticking Velcro strips or dots with araldite to reattach the inner skin instead of the sticky double sided tape that I have cleaned off. That way if it does required to be looked at again it may not be the sticky messy jab that it was

Upvote 0
OP
OP
buntyb
Jul 26, 2019
Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
McLoius Fusion
Exp
Since 2019
That’s actually identical to the one I have other than the tip of it. Wonder if I can adapt it somehow. Well worth a shot. Ordered thanks

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Possibly however if it failed again I’m not sure that stripping the door apart several times would be a good idea. Actually thinking of sticking Velcro strips or dots with araldite to reattach the inner skin instead of the sticky double sided tape that I have cleaned off. That way if it does required to be looked at again it may not be the sticky messy jab that it was
I wouldn't be using Araldite!:Eeek:

Our AT door panel is held on with some double sided tape (orange in the photo) and black Velcro strips (also a couple of screws on the bottom edge) and I've removed it a couple of times and refreshed the DS tape on the second occasion.

1720024077689.png

Upvote 0
Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
That’s actually identical to the one I have other than the tip of it. Wonder if I can adapt it somehow. Well worth a shot. Ordered thanks
If you still need an end made after we get back on the 15th September, just let me know. Hopefully you will get it to work with the new actuator.

PaulandChrissy

Upvote 0
OP
OP
buntyb
Jul 26, 2019
Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
McLoius Fusion
Exp
Since 2019
I wouldn't be using Araldite!:Eeek:

Our AT door panel is held on with some double sided tape (orange in the photo) and black Velcro strips (also a couple of screws on the bottom edge) and I've removed it a couple of times and refreshed the DS tape on the second occasion.

View attachment 918615
Thanks for your photo. You’ll be a master at removing & refitting your trim

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back