Hab check “ rules “ from dealer (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Van having first hab check on Tuesday. Dealership want the van totally empty including ALL cupboards.
Is this overkill on their part or a great opportunity to clean out the cupboards and other nooks and crannies 🤣 ?
Cheers .

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Van having first hab check on Tuesday. Dealership want the van totally empty including ALL cupboards.
Is this overkill on their part or a great opportunity to clean out the cupboards and other nooks and crannies 🤣 ?
Cheers .
Probably better for you as no get out excuse of 'not inspected because not visible'

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Our dealer asks for “minimal” contents in cupboards but accepts that they do not need to be empty. Just as well as I drive down the night before and stay in the m/h overnight before the service.

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Cheers .
It's a pain in the a""se. We have to do it every time and every time loads of stuff doesn't go back in:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
How about the dealer who insisted that there be nothing in the van for a service and hab check
Post event, it stated that they couldn't check the tyre pressure as it wasn't under the van.
No, it wasn't. It was under the bed? How did they do a damp check without noticing half a yard of rubber.

Oct 25, 2022
Infinity and beyond
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo I 726
Exp
A very long time
My dealer insists on every cupboard, drawer, locker and shelf is completely empty and clear. It is a real PITA but it does give me the annual opportunity for a good clear out of the tat we've gathered over the last 12 months.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I seem to recall one of the dealers we bought from also had that stipulation but when asked I was told it was just to be able to check the obvious areas such as upper lockers, under windows etc, and be able to access them without having to move a load of the owner's crap precious possessions, so didn't actually need to be totally empty.

I'm so glad we don't do them now, nor the water ingress checks, so don't have the expense or hassle especially since the latter was purely a visual check after they gave the MH a shower first!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back