Grey tank cap and seal (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 12, 2018
Funster No
I have a 2019 Coral Supreme and have unscrewed the cap underneath to try and give it a good clean. The seal around the cap in one area was squashed in and I reseated it. The end of the thread, which was very thin, was broken ( 1cm) as well. Having done up the cap and filled the tank to test, it is leaking slightly and I can’t seem to tighten it any more when lying under the van, which isn’t raised. Think I may need a new cap/seal. The cap is red. Does anyone know where I can source a cap and/or seal? Another solution may be to grease the cap before putting it back on.

IMG_6073.jpeg

IMG_6072.jpeg

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
I have a 2019 Coral Supreme and have unscrewed the cap underneath to try and give it a good clean. The seal around the cap in one area was squashed in and I reseated it. The end of the thread, which was very thin, was broken ( 1cm) as well. Having done up the cap and filled the tank to test, it is leaking slightly and I can’t seem to tighten it any more when lying under the van, which isn’t raised. Think I may need a new cap/seal. The cap is red. Does anyone know where I can source a cap and/or seal? Another solution may be to grease the cap before putting it back on.

View attachment 937466

View attachment 937467
You could warm the seal in boiling water so it is flexible when screwed up, these should remove the misshapen seal from when it was nipped. Which thread was broken, cap or tank?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Colin McCourt
Jun 12, 2018
Funster No
You could warm the seal in boiling water so it is flexible when screwed up, these should remove the misshapen seal from when it was nipped. Which thread was broken, cap or tank?
Cap. It’s only the last 1cm of the end of the thread which was very thin. I don’t think that is the problem. I suspect it is the seal as the thread just allows you to tighten the cap against the seal. Your idea sounds good so will try that tomorrow. 👍
Cak Tanks will have what you need and usually helpful
I have emailed them, thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back