Gravelines, still good to stay?? (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Heading to gravelines tomorrow afternoon, is it still ok to use after the ruckus a fortnight ago?
Best place nearby for fuel and lpg stop that takes cash?
On the early morning train on Sunday😔😔
Well that two weeks flew by🙄🤬🤬

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Heading to gravelines tomorrow afternoon, is it still ok to use after the ruckus a fortnight ago?
Best place nearby for fuel and lpg stop that takes cash?
On the early morning train on Sunday😔😔
Well that two weeks flew by🙄🤬🤬
Ruckus ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Also as we found, for the noisy dickhead with no respect of others that arrive and go at stupid o'clock overnight. 🤬
Not just gravelines Paul, we had German vans driving round rothenburg aire last night after 1am, also 3 vans left before 6am this morning🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ it’s pretty much standard in popular Aires in Germany early starts off the Aires.
Not done france so I don’t know early vans move off🤷‍♂️👍

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Not just gravelines Paul, we had German vans driving round rothenburg aire last night after 1am, also 3 vans left before 6am this morning🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ it’s pretty much standard in popular Aires in Germany early starts off the Aires.
Whats the weather like there today?

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
It was fine on 3rd September when we stayed over.👍

Ian

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
When your heading towards Gravelines most of the service stations do LPGand they have signage letting you know.
Thanks Brian but I’m now thinking possibly Germany is a better place for lpg? Lenny HB is always saying French stuff is a bit oily🤷‍♂️👍

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
Sometimes it’s labelGPLbut I buy in Germany or Belguim and there every were👍we stay at Gravelines our other stay is 40 miles from Calais a bit far on a dark morning start ,that Honschute
IMG_0333.jpeg

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
In Provence, if they want to move early, they provide croissants and coffee for all remaining on the aire.

It's so civilized down here 😏

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Cheers for that, I think I’ll head to the one Carpmart sent me the link to en route to gravelines👍

We stayed there with Harvey at their recommendation and thought it was brilliant.
Easy to get too, quiet and with a lovely dog walk. Supermarket with fuel just up the road.

Would use it again.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thanks Brian but I’m now thinking possibly Germany is a better place for lpg? Lenny HB is always saying French stuff is a bit oily🤷‍♂️👍
Yes French gas can be very oily I wouldn't use it unless you have filters.
Belgium is the cheapest.
We've used French LPG (GPL) for yonks and never had any issues at all, when installing my Gaslow I always make sure that the pipes don't allow any residue to run into the regulator as we don't have any filters.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We've used French LPG (GPL) for yonks and never had any issues at all, when installing my Gaslow I always make sure that the pipes don't allow any residue to run into the regulator as we don't have any filters.
Last time I filled up in France after using one cylinder filter had about 6mm of oil in it.
I've met a few people have had fridge problems after filling on French gas chimney & jet soothed up..

Wben we bought our first Motorhome our Belgium dealer told us not to fill up on French gas it's dirty.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back