Sep

Rally Grand Henham Steam Rally 16th Sept to 19th Sept 2022 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
We are now home after a reasonable journey home and stopping of for some lunch/dinner/tea.

I think four are overnighting at Henham. Safe journeys for all we hope?

A small but friendly get Funster together.

Any feedback from attendees you would like me to pass on to the Steam Rally organisers? I have water, (maybe flag up on arrival), recycling and general waste on my list.

Robin

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
We are now home after a reasonable journey home and stopping of for some lunch/dinner/tea.

I think four are overnighting at Henham. Safe journeys for all we hope?

A small but friendly get Funster together.

Any feedback from attendees you would like me to pass on to the Steam Rally organisers? I have water, (maybe flag up on arrival), recycling and general waste on my list.

Robin

Thanks for organising Robin. Really enjoyed it!

We decamped late morning and booked a day early onto the site we are at until the Lincoln show, saves any hassle with everything tomorrow with HRH The Queen…

I missed saying goodbye to many…. ☹️

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks to Robin for organising this... and the cake... have I mentioned the cake?
Home after a surprisingly good run.

Water, for me was ok. Think it would be difficult to provide more taps given the location.
Some bins in the camping area would be good... but I was just pleased the elsan points were kept emptied (unlike Chester Food Fest).

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
We are still here, and will head off tomorrow.

All good for us, and can’t think of anything to improve, apart from recycling bins.

Thanks for organising.
Andy & Fi.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ejaydee

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2018
Penzance in (usually) sunny Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T 590
Exp
Since retiring
As others have said, bins and recycling the main issues I think. Really enjoyed the range of activities going on at the show though, really worthwhile event from my perspective.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Home safety, left early not knowing what tomorrow might bring but did enjoy the show especially the U3A Ukulele band and the Shanty singers.

Thankyou Robin (meanders) for all the hard work and your good lady, Hillary, for the cakes, fantastic!

Great show, great company and no complaints, hopefully be there again next year when I'll bring my long johns! :LOL:

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
A great weekend, thanks for organising, and the lovely cakes! very kind!

Only feedback was that when we left on the Monday, we followed the exit signs, which took us through a track in the woods, but the exit onto the road was very dangerous a tight 180' blind turn onto the road, I had to do a 3 point turn in the road, fortunately nothing was coming- view from streetview - the "offical exit" was from the track on the left turning left to head back to the A12!
1663683306270.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
A great weekend, thanks for organising, and the lovely cakes! very kind!

Only feedback was that when we left on the Monday, we followed the exit signs, which took us through a track in the woods, but the exit onto the road was very dangerous a tight 180' blind turn onto the road, I had to do a 3 point turn in the road, fortunately nothing was coming- view from streetview - the "offical exit" was from the track on the left turning left to head back to the A12!View attachment 666867
The show guide did say all large vehicles (or similar wording) should exit via gate E which was the gate we came in through and was relatively easy although turning right onto the A12 is not risk free. I believe the limit there is 50mph but some were doing at least 70. Latitude always have police officers to control the traffic but that's a much larger event. A temporary 30mph would probably do the job. I think the other exit should be marked cars only so will mention that.

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
The show guide did say all large vehicles (or similar wording) should exit via gate E which was the gate we came in through and was relatively easy although turning right onto the A12 is not risk free. I believe the limit there is 50mph but some were doing at least 70. Latitude always have police officers to control the traffic but that's a much larger event. A temporary 30mph would probably do the job. I think the other exit should be marked cars only so will mention that.
That would explain it, I didn't see the instructions in the guide(I am a man after all, I don't read instructions!) I just followed the signs....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back