Going to France for first time (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 16, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
New
Look at the Caravan Club web site,lots of useful information (caravan Club-driving abroad
Off top my head having just come back from France last week
Log book ( V something),evidence of insurance,UK sticker,2 hi vis jackets,spare bulbs,triangle for breakdown long arms for tolls.Some cities have a clean aire zone and therefor you need a sticker what rating your van is,basically keep on ring roads and you will be ok.
Map as well as good sat nav.Check your data roaming,I was restricted to a small amount and my wife had to pay Ā£2 /day.
where are you off so?

Upvote 2

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
:hiya: Have a read of this

Upvote 0
May 13, 2024
Lancshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Axess
Exp
Caravan since 1983 - Motorhome since 1997
How old is your motorhome ?

If it is not equipped with gizmos to detect electrical faults from elderly French camp-site power supplies, then one of those little gizmos for checking polarity and earth safety might come in handy?

A lot of folk think that they are unnecessary, but better safe than sorry.

For some reason a spare pair of spectacles is required, . . . . . . only if you wear them of course. :giggle:

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
How old is your motorhome ?

If it is not equipped with gizmos to detect electrical faults from elderly French camp-site power supplies, then one of those little gizmos for checking polarity and earth safety might come in handy?

A lot of folk think that they are unnecessary, but better safe than sorry.

For some reason a spare pair of spectacles is required, . . . . . . only if you wear them of course. :giggle:
Very sensible to require a spare pair of specs if you need them to drive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 15, 2022
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
1 year and a bit
Put a little sticker in your eye line saying keep right, or an arrow pointing right.
Roundabouts are easy, but be aware when pulling off and turning right or left that you go on the right side of the road.
Donā€™t let anyone rush you, ignore tailgaters and chill !
Enjoy

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We are on our second trip to France on Friday and I have booked a ferry and the first two nights! After that I have saved lots of potential stops on Search for Sites. Brilliant App. Enjoy!!

At least doing it this way you have freedom to move if weather isnā€™t great, where are you planning on going.

Upvote 0

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Weā€™ve been looking for fishing lakes this holiday, and have come across ā€˜plan dā€™eauā€™ - public lakes all over France (many of which have motorhome stops adjacent or near). Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a map that shows them, so you can plan your holiday with wild swimming for the kids. šŸ‘

Upvote 0
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
At least doing it this way you have freedom to move if weather isnā€™t great, where are you planning on going.
We are heading to Chenas outside Macon ... friends have a vineyard there.

Screenshot_20240805-122607.png

Upvote 0
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
New memberg. Gto France for the first time. Ferries and sites booked. What do I need to take I to consideration and where can I find helpful information
I've been going for 10 years and not needed anything more than I'd take in the UK apart from passport and some euros to get started. Don't worry just go šŸ‘ŒšŸ˜Ž

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M
Oct 26, 2020
Huddersfield, UK
Funster No
MH
Motor Roller
Exp
I am new
Look at the Caravan Club web site,lots of useful information (caravan Club-driving abroad
Off top my head having just come back from France last week
Log book ( V something),evidence of insurance,UK sticker,2 hi vis jackets,spare bulbs,triangle for breakdown long arms for tolls.Some cities have a clean aire zone and therefor you need a sticker what rating your van is,basically keep on ring roads and you will be ok.
Map as well as good sat nav.Check your data roaming,I was restricted to a small amount and my wife had to pay Ā£2 /day.
where are you off so?
Going to Brittany start of September. Thanks for your help and advice. Martin

Upvote 0
Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Have a fabulous time. We have done a mixture of booked sites and Aires. For us first time we found it good to know where we were going to be. Made us feel a little more secure. Often did a couple of nights in each booked site and then maybe an aire either end of the holiday.
Next week we are off for 8 nights with nothing booked at allā€¦šŸ˜³šŸ˜³

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back