Kev30

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Have any funsters got one of these or had one?we are looking to buy a motorhome shortly after being tuggers for many years ..thanks

OP
OP
K

Kev30

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Yes It's the one with a garage,it's also got a fixed bed which we like and auto gearbox and with having had a hymer caravan we thought we'd stick with a German van(tin hat on)?

Upvote 1
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
We have a Geist Spirit on a Transit base, so that makes it completely different, except they were made by the same factory which is LMC a Hymer group company. I'm pleased with the build quality of our van and I guess the Merc Sprinter base will be as any other Merc of the time of build.
I would certainly buy another one as they seem to be well screwed together.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
K

Kev30

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Out of interest Zains pop have you seen many on your travels? And what attracted you to the Geist model? Thanks in advance

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Is that the one with the big garage and large over hang ? If so watch how much you put in the garage.
To be fair that applies to a lot of vans with a garage and a bit of a big overhang. Very good point though (y)

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Out of interest Zains pop have you seen many on your travels? And what attracted you to the Geist model? Thanks in advance
It seemed a good idea at the time 6yrs ago now.I chose it as much for what it wasn’t. Ford not Fiat, RWD not FWD, German not UK.

You have to be a bit of an anorak to spot LMC / Geist vans. They are around but fairly rare, they don’t sell the Geist brand here at present as far as I am aware. I have met and spoken to a couple of other owners ( literally 2) Both we’re happy with their vehicles.

Hope your search is successful

Upvote 0

Ironside

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano 695G
Exp
Since 2016
Make sure you get a proper Hab check done and beware the rotten floor that you find from looking in the outside lockers, got bitten once with one of these from motorhome depot.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
K

Kev30

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for your replies,seems like these are rare on British shores......

Upvote 0

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Theonlysue had one, can't recall if it was 2.2 or 2.7, we had a motorhome with the 2.7 pulled like a train towing a smart on trailer. ? Bob.

Upvote 0

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
Hi I cant really give you any tips as they are bomb proof. I have serviced mine on a regular basis and changed oil at every 3000 miles and never had a problem. Good on fuel pulls like a train. It is now for sale due to circumstances contact me if it is of interest

Upvote 0

The fat ox

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Geist phantom
Exp
Hi, yes we may be interested as we missed the one we were looking at. Can you tell me a little more please? Is it possible to pm on here?

Upvote 0

The fat ox

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Geist phantom
Exp
Hi I cant really give you any tips as they are bomb proof. I have serviced mine on a regular basis and changed oil at every 3000 miles and never had a problem. Good on fuel pulls like a train. It is now for sale due to circumstances contact me if it is of interest
Hi, yes we may be interested as we missed the one we were looking at. Can you tell me a little more please? Is it possible to pm on here?

Upvote 0

Campervan_man

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
{ Sprinter 2006+ } The auto gear box hydraulic motor can play up making gear selection difficult.
The Scuttle panel drain holes under the windscreen can become easily blocked with leaves. The metal scuttle panel then fills with water like a trough and corrosion will then occur.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Sprinter Lmc
Is that the one with the big garage and large over hang ? If so watch how much you put in the garage.
I think I overloaded mine, looked like the cab would detach from the body while driving , not to mention the squeak allover.i guess it twists the chassis. What's the max weight I can put in garage? Thanks

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back