Gas issues (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Mercedes Tristar

Free Member
Aug 2, 2024
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta New Life
My Mobilvetta 59 plate motorhome has built in oven, freezer & fridge. My problem is i'm unable to get the fridge to work on gas, it will light but continually clicks /sparks. Also, Oven will light but stays on low flame, turn knob up but nothing happens!! Please has anyone experienced any of these issues. thanks

May 13, 2024
Lancshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Axess
Exp
Caravan since 1983 - Motorhome since 1997
Concur.

How old is the regulator ?

They do eventually give up the ghost.

I suppose all the on/off gas taps/cocks/valves are fully open ?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

Mercedes Tristar

Free Member
Aug 2, 2024
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta New Life
is it safe for it to continually spark, sorry to ask maybe daft question, i'm a novice lol...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

Mercedes Tristar

Free Member
Aug 2, 2024
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta New Life
We've had motorhome for nearly 3 years so unsure how old regulator is. The gas hob works fine. Could it still be the regulator? thank you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
You've two threads running on this. Stick to one thread or you'll get the same suggestions/questions repeated by new posters or none from those who've posted in your other thread (below) and who CBA'd to write their suggestions again.
As you've used your 5 free posts in your 3 threads you'll need to subscribe now in order to make more posts. Best investment you'll make for m/home help and info.

Upvote 0
May 13, 2024
Lancshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Axess
Exp
Caravan since 1983 - Motorhome since 1997
A five year service life, is used by the main manufacturers of most gas bottle regulators.

At the end of this recommended service life, the regulator should be replaced, (unless you are a tight-fisted git, like me)

To indicate the service life of individual regulators, manufacturers often mark them with date stamps, date codes, or both.

So, check the regulator for a date stamp, and if it is is past its recommended service life, buy a new one.

They are not overly expensive.

Also have a shufti at the connecting hose.

Some time ago there were instances of hoses becoming clogged with a residue which caused blockage of the hose, and therefore a lack of supply to the system.

Here is a link to one such occurrence, there are umpteen similar links to be found in caravan and motorhome forums.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
As it seems the only problem is with the fridge it could be that the isolation tap isn't opening fully so restricting the flow of gas, or the jet is partially blocked so needs cleaning

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back