Gas Flame shut off (4 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend 7057
Exp
I have just had my annual service on my 4 year old Dethleffs Trend using a local reliable garage that I trust. Everything was hunky dory but they said that the Gas flame cut off on the oven was not working i.e. if the flame on the oven goes off for any reason the gas shuts off automatically. They stated that the spare part is about £50 plus labour to get to the back of the oven. Should I be worried about this and is it worth fixing?

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
In my experience flame failure devices normally fail safe, for example if you have to push the knob in to ignite the flame when you release the knob the flame will extinguish rather then stay alight, however i'm not an expert and if it has genuinely failed then you should have it repaired. If you let us know the make and model of the oven it may help.

Upvote 0
Sep 5, 2024
In a tin box
Funster No
MH
Building a PVC
Should I be worried about this and is it worth fixing?
yes, and yes in my opinion!

It will most likely be the thermocouple that has failed. This needs to be above a certain temperature in order to keep the gas flowing so the idea is that if the flame goes out, the thermocouple cools down and shuts the gas off.

Thery're not expensive or particularly difficult to fit and I'd say £50 is a good price for parts and labour.

In your position I would most certainly have it fixed.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back