Fun and frustrations! (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 26, 2024
Funster No
MH
Eldis
Hi there, we've had our van for just over a year and love it. As first timers we bought through a dealer to reduce the likelihood of there being any problems but have been pretty unlucky. The latest issue is no hot water or heating. Advice is that it might just be the PCB in the boiler and if so thats fixable. However it could be the boiler itself but the guy who checked it says there is no way to tell if its the PCB or the boiler so another option is to go full hog and replace the boiler (which will come with a new PCB anyway). Meanwhile he says there are currently no Whale boilers available for the age of our van (Eldis 2018 Majestic 135). So we can try the PCB but then if its not that will end up paying for a new boiler inc free PCB as well. Any advice on other routes to try and anywhere we could source the right boiler. We are good to go for the summer without hot water and heating but don't fancy that for the winter! Thanks Sam and Ant

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
:welcome4:
It's unusually quiet on here today everyone must be enjoying the sun, or asleep. You'll get some answers soon to be, sure to be sure.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
If you Google Whale boilers for sale there seems to be a few available🤔😊

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I thought there was an LED that flashed an error code on the PCB

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Hi there, we've had our van for just over a year and love it. As first timers we bought through a dealer to reduce the likelihood of there being any problems but have been pretty unlucky. The latest issue is no hot water or heating. Advice is that it might just be the PCB in the boiler and if so thats fixable. However it could be the boiler itself but the guy who checked it says there is no way to tell if its the PCB or the boiler so another option is to go full hog and replace the boiler (which will come with a new PCB anyway). Meanwhile he says there are currently no Whale boilers available for the age of our van (Eldis 2018 Majestic 135). So we can try the PCB but then if its not that will end up paying for a new boiler inc free PCB as well. Any advice on other routes to try and anywhere we could source the right boiler. We are good to go for the summer without hot water and heating but don't fancy that for the winter! Thanks Sam and Ant
Welcome.
What exactly are the symptoms of the fault? They rarely fail catastrophically unless they are very old and rusted badly. Yours isn't 'old'. I stripped and overhauled my 27yr Carver Cascade water heater last year and no prob getting parts.
If it's the PCB there are a couple of firms mentioned in posts on here that repair PCBs for m/home equipment. I can't recall their details but you will probably find them if you use the website's Search facility.

Many firms offer Whale water heater spares.
Open this link:

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I'd be looking for a second opinion somewhere else....preferably an agent/installer for your boiler manufacturer so they will have diagnostic equipment.
I can't believe there's no way to diagnose the fault.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Welcome to the wonderful world of Fun 🤩
IMG_1364.gif

Join us or log in to post a reply.